Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alouettes are up for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lester View Post

I'm really not sure what his record as an assistant coach of some type has to do with anything though. He can only work within the framework he was provided.

In Edmonton, he was over .500 with Ray as his qb in 2011, finished under .500 when his star qb was traded and replaced with Steven Jyles, and struggled when the qb he hand picked had a rough first season as a starter in Edmonton.

It's hard to judge his time as the GM with Montreal as Popp looked like a fool near the end of his run as well when ownership started to stick their nose into the football operations.

I'm not saying I want him involved with the Riders, but I also don't believe he's the fool that some seem to think on here.

Kavis has provided some interesting sound bites over the years though.
    He had 5 seasons as a DC prior to Edmonton - that's a bit more than an 'assistant coach'. In 3 seasons in Hamilton the Ti-Cats were in the bottom 2 for points allowed - actually dead last in 2005 and 2006. In 2007 as a Defensive Assistant under Rich Stubler, the Argos had the top defense. In 2008 with Reed as DC, Argo were dead last in defense. Skipping ahead to 2010, again as a DC for Winnipeg under LaPolice, While they were 4th in points allowed, the team itself finished last in the East.

Again, I fail to see where he's had success enough to justify his promotions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

Comment

• Everyone knows the infamous "consequences" sound byte where Kavis was practically foaming at the mouth. There's a lesser known one that Stronson knows made me laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of it. It was a game the Esks were playing on the road with Kavis as HC and Fred Stamps missed the game with injury. When they did the pre-game speech shot during the game, Kavis spent a bunch of time screaming he had Fred Stamps on speaker phone cause that's how much Fred cares.
        When it comes to pros and cons and adding them up for Kavis, the cons list has the big lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
          Everyone knows the infamous "consequences" sound byte where Kavis was practically foaming at the mouth. There's a lesser known one that Stronson knows made me laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of it. It was a game the Esks were playing on the road with Kavis as HC and Fred Stamps missed the game with injury. When they did the pre-game speech shot during the game, Kavis spent a bunch of time screaming he had Fred Stamps on speaker phone cause that's how much Fred cares.
          When it comes to pros and cons and adding them up for Kavis, the cons list has the big lead.
          Ah yes. I remember that one well too

And of course the "What say you!?!/!?!" speech in which Kavis tries to sound like a fire and brimstone preacher to his team.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
            Everyone knows the infamous "consequences" sound byte where Kavis was practically foaming at the mouth. There's a lesser known one that Stronson knows made me laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of it. It was a game the Esks were playing on the road with Kavis as HC and Fred Stamps missed the game with injury. When they did the pre-game speech shot during the game, Kavis spent a bunch of time screaming he had Fred Stamps on speaker phone cause that's how much Fred cares.
            And this one.

and this there is the "consequences" video

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

And this one.

and this there is the "consequences" video

Kavis outta control...................!

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

If anyone knows how to beast Gatorade coolers, it's Maas.

Pride of the league. This never gets old, love watching that!
                Press here to reset

Comment

Please be true

Comment

Please let it be so... Kavis keeps failing upwards! Someone in business school could write a book on this

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

Please let it be so... Kavis keeps failing upwards! Someone in business school could write a book on this
                      In a few years he will become Premier of Alberta and then after that........................

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

In a few years he will become Premier of Alberta and then after that........................
                        Nice hair, but he just isnt ready

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post

You will succumb to the ball spinning on the nose...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post

Kavis for POTUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

Kavis for POTUS
                              Sad part is, that's a step up.
                              ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

• If Kavis survives this sale process, or ends up somewhere else in the CFL in a prominent position, he deserves a new handle....maybe "Teflon Reed"?Or "Felix the Cat Reed" (has 9 lives and always lands on his feet.)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X