Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alouettes are up for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Gatorade coolers league wide want this as well
    If anyone knows how to beast Gatorade coolers, it's Maas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmdirk View Post

As a DC with Hamilton, he had a 18-35-1 record. As a DC with Toronto, 15-21. With Winnipeg, 4-14.

Yet, he still gets tapped to be the HC in Edmonton. His combined record there was 22-32.

And then somehow, he ends up coaching with the Als, and then ultimately being hired as GM.

Seriously, the only bright spot in this guys post playing career was being the STC here in 2009, but even that was tarnished over the whole 13th man incident.

His combined record as a coach/GM is 90-160-1. I think he has maybe 3-4 winning seasons since he started coaching in 2001.

I can't speak for others, but it just boggles my mind how this guy manages to not only stick around, but continue to get promoted in this league.

I'm really not sure what his record as an assistant coach of some type has to do with anything though. He can only work within the framework he was provided.

In Edmonton, he was over .500 with Ray as his qb in 2011, finished under .500 when his star qb was traded and replaced with Steven Jyles, and struggled when the qb he hand picked had a rough first season as a starter in Edmonton.

It's hard to judge his time as the GM with Montreal as Popp looked like a fool near the end of his run as well when ownership started to stick their nose into the football operations.

I'm not saying I want him involved with the Riders, but I also don't believe he's the fool that some seem to think on here.

Kavis has provided some interesting sound bites over the years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

This kind of interest is good news for the league.

Comment

Originally posted by lester View Post

I'm really not sure what his record as an assistant coach of some type has to do with anything though. He can only work within the framework he was provided.

In Edmonton, he was over .500 with Ray as his qb in 2011, finished under .500 when his star qb was traded and replaced with Steven Jyles, and struggled when the qb he hand picked had a rough first season as a starter in Edmonton.

It's hard to judge his time as the GM with Montreal as Popp looked like a fool near the end of his run as well when ownership started to stick their nose into the football operations.

I'm not saying I want him involved with the Riders, but I also don't believe he's the fool that some seem to think on here.

The evidence keeps mounting...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

The evidence keeps mounting...
            I'm not sure I like what you are implying...

Comment

Originally posted by lester View Post

I'm not sure I like what you are implying...
              Not you, dude! I meant with whether Kavis is a fool or not. There are just too many incidents for it to be considered coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeRiderFan View Post

Maybe because he's been incompetent at every football job he's had post-playing career?

Comment

Yeesh.

Comment

Well his he does live in St.Albert.

Comment

• Originally posted by lester View Post

No doubt that Jr has made life extremely hard for and GM by butting in and being a puppet master, but still, "there has be consequences" "what say you" (classic Kavis moments)

Then there is his general ineptness.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	a806d4a3107af7f5ecb9ef9546858673.png
Views:	1
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	420442.

Love the speculation on him replacing Rhodes though:
                      https://www.fortsaskatchewanrecord.c...8-a2ddc32f4757
                      #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                        YAAASSSS!

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

YAAASSSS!
                          I asked if he could fail up to replace Junior in Montreal but it looks like he could fail up to the president's chair in Edmonton.

Comment

• The Garden Gnome at GM in Montreal and the Ocean Seal at CEO in Edmonton would make my heart quiver with delight.
                            Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

I asked if he could fail up to replace Junior in Montreal but it looks like he could fail up to the president's chair in Edmonton.
                              As long as Edmonton is involved, it is a win for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by lester View Post

If you look at the situation forensically you may see it differently. The guy is a buffoon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X