Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alouettes are up for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post
      Why does Kavis get such a rough go here? Serious ?
      Maybe because he's been incompetent at every football job he's had post-playing career?

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
        Sounds pretty promising. 3 local groups interested. This thread title may have to be changed soon. Looks like the Wetenhall's have the franchise on the block.
        If they can reconnect with the Francophones, spend on marketing and get the on-field product turned around in a reasonable amount of time then the franchise may just need those empty seats.

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
          The fact that Maciocia is always touted as some savior is hilarious IMO.
          Only coach to win both the Vanier and Grey Cups. He works well with Quebec players .

Comment

Originally posted by the rouge View Post

Only coach to win both the Vanier and Grey Cups. He works well with Quebec players .
            However, in the CFL, their percentage of Quebecois players, is a fraction of the entire roster. They need a coach and GM that can work with players that come from anywhere in the USA and Canada, and soon to be Mexico and Germany. Not sure hes a saviour for the Alouettes, Im not even sure I could say he would be better than Kavids.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                Oh Kavis Boy.............the pipes..........the pipes are callin.'..............
                Maybe he's going to be promoted to owner next. That is pretty much the only stop left on his failing upward tour.

Comment

Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post

Fair enough. I have a different opinion of the man, but I'll leave it alone.
                  Based on what?

Comment

Savin Kavis!! BC's lesser known protests
                    Last edited by Vegas; 03-13-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                      BC's lesser known protests
                      Maybe it's like saving seals.
                      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Anyone else slightly nervous about a CFL ownership change lol? I do hope a stable group that can engage the local market emerges.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmdirk View Post

As a DC with Hamilton, he had a 18-35-1 record. As a DC with Toronto, 15-21. With Winnipeg, 4-14.

Yet, he still gets tapped to be the HC in Edmonton. His combined record there was 22-32.

And then somehow, he ends up coaching with the Als, and then ultimately being hired as GM.

Seriously, the only bright spot in this guys post playing career was being the STC here in 2009, but even that was tarnished over the whole 13th man incident.

His combined record as a coach/GM is 90-160-1. I think he has maybe 3-4 winning seasons since he started coaching in 2001.

I can't speak for others, but it just boggles my mind how this guy manages to not only stick around, but continue to get promoted in this league.
                          Great job. I would of just said he has sucked everywhere he has been. But this paints the picture of how stupid the question was.

Comment

https://www.tsn.ca/alouettes-have-no...hise-1.1272659

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Based on what?
                              He's probably had a conversation with Kavis. I've heard that is all it takes. Some kind of hypnotism or mind control.

Comment

Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

He's probably had a conversation with Kavis. I've heard that is all it takes. Some kind of hypnotism or mind control.
                                One can easily be distracted when Kavis starts spinning a ball on his nose.
                                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X