Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alouettes are up for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gilligan View Post

I saw that interview earlier today. He's very vague about how the league is "helping" the Als, but he's adamant that the Wetenhalls still own them.
    I haven't heard anything, but likely the ownership is still with Wetenhall but the league has stepped in to ensure they don't F things up more until they can find a legit buyer. And that buyer will need the leagues approval before sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

IMHO, when you hear nothing then they are hard at work behind the scenes getting things done. If you hear them blabbing in the media then they are not.

I suspect, the players are getting the reality of the situation, and they are going to pick one item that is doable be it better retirement packages, better wages, or better health care.
      On the CBA front it does seem different than last time around. I don't recall the league every really negotiating through the media, but I do recall the CFLPA making it pretty well known what their specific demands were. this time around, we get rumour and conjecture from 3DN, but almost nothing from either the league or the CFLPA. I agree, that seems more like stuff is actually progressing rather than stooping to negotiating through the media.

Comment

• Comment

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincenzo_Guzzo
          Last edited by Magnum; 05-22-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post
            So more Canadian mafia?

Comment

So.... does this mean Kavis and consequences finally meet at the corner of what say u?

Comment

• Out of left field comes an ownership group without question marks.

Guess the Commish can walk and chew gum at the same time.

CBA done on time and new owners for the Als.
                Last edited by Magnum; 05-22-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

So.... does this mean Kavis and consequences finally meet at the corner of what say u?
                  Appears so.

Last edited by Magnum; 05-22-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Wow.... The part about eventually willing to sell of 25% of shares to the fans is a GREAT move... it binds people to the franchise, and helps build an identity...similar to what the Riders have been able to do... I like this move! I wonder if something like that would work in Toronto?? Not sure how, or why, but they need something to kick start their campaign...maybe do something like If you are a Raptor season ticket holder you get 50% off Argo season tickets, or like a rewards system that works across all their teams. Try to get cross platform users, TFC and Argos could both benefit from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

Wow.... The part about eventually willing to sell of 25% of shares to the fans is a GREAT move... it binds people to the franchise, and helps build an identity...similar to what the Riders have been able to do... I like this move! I wonder if something like that would work in Toronto?? Not sure how, or why, but they need something to kick start their campaign...maybe do something like If you are a Raptor season ticket holder you get 50% off Argo season tickets, or like a rewards system that works across all their teams. Try to get cross platform users, TFC and Argos could both benefit from it.
                        The operating costs of the Argos are melded into MLSE so they have very little in the way of office staff and ticket sellers. One call gets a person a Leafs, Raptors, Argos and TFC ticket. Is there more synergies they use but maybe dont exploit?

Anyway it looks like the league did well here and and we can see that business experience of Ambrosie coming through big time with this.

Comment

• Just so that everyone understands, Vincenzo Guzzo hasn't bought the team. The board has approved him as a prospective owner. Now comes the hard part, dealing with Wetenhall.

Comment

Yeah Ambrosie wanted to keep a lid on this to have more leverage with the CFLPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Senior Ah Me View Post
                              Just so that everyone understands, Vincenzo Guzzo hasn't bought the team. The board has approved him as a prospective owner. Now comes the hard part, dealing with Wetenhall.
                              Unless the League owns the team, maybe maybe not? Obviously a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes that no one knows about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post

Yeah Ambrosie wanted to keep a lid on this to have more leverage with the CFLPA.
                                Could this prospective new owner help push Halfax along, more in the way of credibility and what he potentially brings to the table for the league? Been a few months without a peep from the east coast and getting to that time they were going forward or pulling the plug.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X