Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alouettes are up for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

By "we" I mean everyone, including fans, who have a stake in the health of the CFL.

There's a direct correlation between the string of fired coaches in Montreal, and their poor showing in the standings over the last number of years. While I'm glad O'Day was retained when the previous regime took over, I don't think the hiring of Murphy, or the need to buy 10 coaches within days of winning the Grey Cup in Edmonton paid meaningful dividends. If the coaches were going to come over anyway, why not wait for their contracts to expire? I have no love for Edmonton, but that move smacked of disrespect for the franchise.

As we saw with the Elizondo move, disrespect breeds disrespect.
    Those are very different issues. The Red blacks and the Bombers prevents their employees from advancing their careers and a significant amount of money as well.

I expect Lapolice will bo on another team in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

Why are you being a jerk? If you don’t share my opinion then counter with an argument of your own.
      I’m sure there is no jerkiness intended, it is a reasonable expectation for a Rider fan who may only care for their team instead of the overall health of the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

I’m sure there is no jerkiness intended, it is a reasonable expectation for a Rider fan who may only care for their team instead of the overall health of the league.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
          Alot of huff but at the end of the day.......no puff.

I think Lapointes group realized that the Als werent being sold for a 7 figure sum and realized that this venture wouldnt be a quick flip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Alot of huff but at the end of the day.......no puff.

I think Lapointes group realized that the Als werent being sold for a 7 figure sum and realized that this venture wouldnt be a quick flip.
            Lapointe was yapping too much IMO to ever have been taken seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
              Lapointe was yapping too much IMO to ever have been taken seriously.
              Sort of confirms why the Wetenhalls never gave him the time of day.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Sort of confirms why the Wetenhalls never gave him the time of day.
                  Honesty, I don't know why. Even if I had a mouthy customer, money talks and Wetenhalls want out. Unless that group wasn't all the serious to begin with.

Comment

When it's an announcement that they've made an offer then I'll be interested. We don't even have a report of someone negotiating or doing due diligence yet.

And doing a bit of Googling on this Starke guy show that he's a private equity investor. Unless he's got the same mindset and Bob Young and is in it out of genuine interest to operate it as a going concern, this is likely not a good owner for the Als. Typical private equity Mo is to buy a company, make some minor investments to fluff it up and then turn around and sell it a couple years later. If that's the case the Als will be back up for sale in 2-3 years time.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

Honesty, I don't know why. Even if I had a mouthy customer, money talks and Wetenhalls want out. Unless that group wasn't all the serious to begin with.
                      Sounds like a bunch of hot air from Lapointe's group. As far as we know they didn't even get to the point of doing due diligence in order to make an offer. Hell, we don;t even have confirmation that there were ANY discussions between the two groups.

Comment

• Good grief, how does this happen in a “professional” sports league. This is AAF like. I really hope something gets fixed. It would be tragic to lose the Als from the CFL.

The Alouettes are dangerously close to where the Ottawa Renegades were in the spring of 2005. Minimal season ticket and sponsorship revenue keeping team afloat in off-season. But if there's no owner by opening day, who covers the $500,000 or so for players just to survive Week 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                          Good grief, how does this happen in a “professional” sports league. This is AAF like. I really hope something gets fixed. It would be tragic to lose the Als from the CFL.
                          That's an Arash tweet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

That's an Arash tweet?
                            It is. I think Bingo missed on including his name into the tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

That's an Arash tweet?
                              I am leery of a potential new owner whose spokesman seems in an awful hurry to pronounce the new potential owner is in it "for the right reasons". Falls in the "Thou doth protest too much" category.
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

It is. I think Bingo missed on including his name into the tweet.
                                Okay, I don't much stock in what Arash says since he/sportsnet usually spin things as negatively as possible when it comes to the CFL.

Good article here with quite a bit of information on Starke and his bid for the Als. I'm not sure whether to be wary of Starke or not, is his money real or a Skalbania house of cards type?

https://globalnews.ca/news/5142057/m...arke-purchase/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X