Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alouettes are up for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alouettes deny.........

Still thinking something is on verge of happening with this franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

It probably makes some sense to have them involved to some degree.

edit: ie to sweeten the pot or to speak to the direction of the league and potential fit.
      It's in any league's best interests to be involved to some degree in any sale of a franchise. To what extent that involvement might be can depend on the situation circumstances. Nonetheless they should be part of the process because in the end they have to vote on accepting the change of ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Ah, so Junior and Daddy haven't been paying the bills.... nice.

Training camp is going to be a bitch with no equipment.
        It is unfortunate that they've bailed out before a sale. However, when they did come to Montreal in '97, they took on all of the team's debt and made sure no local businesses got screwed over.

If these rumours are true, the cycle could continue as next owner will be asked to pay the last bills of the Wetenhall's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Ah, so Junior and Daddy haven't been paying the bills.... nice.

Training camp is going to be a bitch with no equipment.
          This is sounding more & more Gliebergoofy as things move along.
          ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

• Geez that's one way to force a sale. Surprised after all they've done for that team that it would end this way. I am guessing Wetenhall Sr would have never done this an junior wasn't as committed to the Als has his dad was.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
              Geez that's one way to force a sale. Surprised after all they've done for that team that it would end this way. I am guessing Wetenhall Sr would have never done this an junior wasn't as committed to the Als has his dad was.
              I don't think the problem was Junior wasn't uncommitted. He seemed to be engaged.

The problem was Junior has no idea what he is doing, and hires "yes" men, and thinks he is the smartest person in Montreal and nobody is willing to step up to tell him otherwise. Well, maybe dad did as he took away his toys.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/HerbZurkowsky1/s...29746879696896

Lapointe Group vs. Starke's Group. I like Lapointe's enthusiasm and passion, but the Als really need someone who can handle the losses, so hopefully the League makes the right decision, whomever that may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                  It's serious.........

Who is this tweeter ? I like my twitter but I am always skeptical of twitter news and even more skeptical if the tweeter doesn't have a blue check mark by their name

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

I don't think the problem was Junior wasn't uncommitted. He seemed to be engaged.

The problem was Junior has no idea what he is doing, and hires "yes" men, and thinks he is the smartest person in Montreal and nobody is willing to step up to tell him otherwise. Well, maybe dad did as he took away his toys.
                    Makes sense

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

By Junior do you mean Bob Jr. who's only involved on the Board for Dad's sake, or Andrew who is the Co-Owner ?

Andrew's hinted last off season that he wanted out. The team has been losing a lot of money, and the Alouettes collapsing on him doesn't help his "smartest guy in the room" bit. Bob Sr. was willing to lose money on the team, but Junior (Bob Jr.) and Andrew are not.

Comment

• CFL needs to take over and get the franchise out of the Wetenhalls hands. Have destroyed a once great franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
                          CFL needs to take over and get the franchise out of the Wetenhalls hands. Have destroyed a once great franchise.
                          They've taken over the negotiation, and from my understanding Ambrosie really like the Lapointe Group. The problem I see with both groups is that they're Thousandaires and Millionaires, instead of Billionaires.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
                            They've taken over the negotiation, and from my understanding Ambrosie really like the Lapointe Group. The problem I see with both groups is that they're Thousandaires and Millionaires, instead of Billionaires.
                            Unless Molson or Bell (or SNC-Lavalin) are interested in the Als, I think we'll be looking at millionaires. Likely we'll be looking at a group of people.

Comment

• Lapointe was on the sportscage today with Ballsy

Comment

• Originally posted by gilligan View Post

Unless Molson or Bell (or SNC-Lavalin) are interested in the Als, I think we'll be looking at millionaires. Likely we'll be looking at a group of people.
                                Ha, SNC-Lavalin have one foot out the door, so I can't see that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X