Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alouettes are up for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wheathead Guy View Post

With Quebec being a "have-not" province and getting a good chuck of equalization payments, if the Province kicks any money in...it is probably money from the Western provinces...
    Yeah, well, that is a well earned tax if you consider that we sent em Kavis!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bioben View Post

I did offer $15.00!

Hmmm... without or without Kavis? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

Hmmm... without or without Kavis? lol
        I'll kick in another $15 if Edmonton takes him.

Comment

• I think the Alouettes will probably sell for under $10 million, and that includes team debt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

There are claims that it would cost almost as much to demo it as it cost to build it. A leading factor had something to do with now encased tensioning cables.
            They might find Jimmy Hoffa if they demo it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

They might find Jimmy Hoffa if they demo it.
              Honestly, with the corruption that went into it, as well as much infrastructure of the era in the city, it wouldn't shock me if there were some surprises in there.
              #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Honestly, with the corruption that went into it, as well as much infrastructure of the era in the city, it wouldn't shock me if there were some surprises in there.
                As much as I love the city of Montreal, it was got to be the most corrupt city in all of Canada. Quebec has a history of bribery, mobs/mafia, and corruption within government and trade unions. Not sure Id want to own a team there.
                Football Gods 23:34

Comment

• Originally posted by Wheathead Guy View Post

As much as I love the city of Montreal, it was got to be the most corrupt city in all of Canada. Quebec has a history of bribery, mobs/mafia, and corruption within government and trade unions. Not sure Id want to own a team there.
                  Yeah, I watched a special a few years back on some of it all. Pretty unreal. Bridge building with fakes concrete reports to line pockets, people collecting pay that didn't even exist. Scary stuff
                  #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
                    I think the Alouettes will probably sell for under $10 million, and that includes team debt.
                    Is there any team debt of any significance? Like the Wetenhalls or not has there ever been any stories that they don't meet all their financial obligations, pay the bills etc? Are there any significant or long term liabilities on there books?

Comment

Just that era?

Comment

Is there any team debt of any significance? Like the Wetenhalls or not has there ever been any stories that they don't meet all their financial obligations, pay the bills etc? Are there any significant or long term liabilities on there books?
                        Teams carry debt, and the Alouettes have been losing money for a few years now. Do you think Wetenhall was paying for the losses out of pocket or financing the debt ?

This is nothing new in sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
                          Teams carry debt, and the Alouettes have been losing money for a few years now. Do you think Wetenhall was paying for the losses out of pocket or financing the debt ?

This is nothing new in sports.
                          The Wetenhall's didn't get rich by fronting their own money.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

The Wetenhall's didn't get rich by fronting their own money.

Comment

Yeah, I watched a special a few years back on some of it all. Pretty unreal. Bridge building with fakes concrete reports to line pockets, people collecting pay that didn't even exist. Scary stuff
                              When Olympic stadium was being built, there were trucks driving in to "drop off materials", getting the invoice signed and exiting only to line back up to enter again.

Comment

Interpretation of ledger is king.

what is the stadium deal and can a new owner get the same or better.

who's on payroll that shouldn't be

who's not on payroll that should be

what are actual proofs of revenue

just because the lights are on and they are in good credit standing, I assume, it does not mean they are not losing money, and thus does not mean they are worth much. The Als would have a very low asset value with seemingly a worsening cash flow year over year. Someone may see brand recognition and opportunity, but it seems to be all calculated risk on turning things around. Liabilities, or lack there of, mean little if the ledger is being propped up by ownership, as full ownership does not need to register that in red and can, essentially, treat it as a cash infusion Grant.
                                #keepthepromise

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X