Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Rider in college entrance scandal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Rider in college entrance scandal

http://theprovince.com/news/local-ne...4-6a668f131fad

Obviously the Riders overpaid him if he can afford a $35M home.

Comment

I wonder if Aquilini will still want Sidoo as part of his potential ownership bid of the Lions ?

LOL that he had to pay someone to take his kid's SAT's.

Comment

What a complete buffoon.
        Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post
          What a complete buffoon.
          Back when I took the SAT it was a pretty easy test. I think I was even hungover taking that sumbeetch.
          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
            I wonder if Aquilini will still want Sidoo as part of his potential ownership bid of the Lions ?

LOL that he had to pay someone to take his kid's SAT's.
            Would you go to jail for this sort of thing or just pay a big fine ?

Comment

So do all the kids of the guilty parties get expelled now?

Comment

So he paid money to do whatever it took to get his kids into a US school, foregoing his alma matter which he donated to and named their football stadium after him. Not sure why his lawyer figures that philanthropic donations in the past are relevant. People are capable of doing both good and bad things.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                  So he paid money to do whatever it took to get his kids into a US school, foregoing his alma matter which he donated to and named their football stadium after him. Not sure why his lawyer figures that philanthropic donations in the past are relevant. People are capable of doing both good and bad things.
                  Wasn't UBC good enough for his kids? Or could they not get in with their marks?

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                    Agreed. Many people do philanthropic deeds in order to cover up or distract from their illegal/immoral activities.
                    Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Was just reading on this case, but different people. they mentioned dozens of others that would follow, so it is interesting to start seeing the fallout. The people behind it all have warrants for mail fraud.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainme...K5z?ocid=ientp

the one person made a 500k "donation"

I actually don't care about direct donations maybe buying a kid in. It is a few students here and there and huge benefit to the schools. This scheme is entirely something else.
                      #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
                        Was just reading on this case, but different people. they mentioned dozens of others that would follow, so it is interesting to start seeing the fallout. The people behind it all have warrants for mail fraud.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainme...K5z?ocid=ientp

the one person made a 500k "donation"

I actually don't care about direct donations maybe buying a kid in. It is a few students here and there and huge benefit to the schools. This scheme is entirely something else.
                        Except it means a smart kid who would have got in is now out of luck. Itís flat out disgusting, and I hope they all pay the maximum price.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRiderfan View Post

Except it means a smart kid who would have got in is now out of luck. Itís flat out disgusting, and I hope they all pay the maximum price.
                          Or more likely that entrant 25000 who was the last spot getting in was made 25001 and missed the cut. If someone is making massive donations to a school and it looks favorably for their kid, I am more than fine with that.
                          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Agreed. Many people do philanthropic deeds in order to cover up or distract from their illegal/immoral activities.
                            Based on his real estate success this seems to be a clear case of buying what he wants when his kid couldn't get a good enough score honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Or more likely that entrant 25000 who was the last spot getting in was made 25001 and missed the cut. If someone is making massive donations to a school and it looks favorably for their kid, I am more than fine with that.
                              All I can say to that is wow. Iím so not down with people buying their way in at the expense of others.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X