Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Popp interview today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

It wasn't completely wasted. It forced Huff to up his last offer. I guess Bo didn't want under-the-table money anymore.
    Huf had to inject $400K+ into the life of that contract.

Comment

It wasn't completely wasted. It forced Huff to up his last offer. I guess Bo didn't want under-the-table money anymore.
      What was Bo getting on his last contract anyways? There was an article about QB salaries around 3 years ago but I can't find it any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post

What was Bo getting on his last contract anyways? There was an article about QB salaries around 3 years ago but I can't find it any more.
        Would you believe me if I said $320k? That was his salary in 2017.

Edit: 2016 - $320k as well

Edit 2: There is under-the-table money as well, and I don't know what that is. I had access to the Forzani payroll system back in 2006-9, but not now.

Edit #3: And there were no off season bonuses either for any of those years.

Insane. Drew Willy and Durant made over $100k more in 2016 than he did.
        Last edited by RDavidson; 03-13-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Would you believe me if I said $320k? That was his salary in 2017.

Edit: 2016 - $320k as well

Edit 2: There is under-the-table money as well, and I don't know what that is. I had access to the Forzani payroll system back in 2006-9, but not now.

Edit #3: And there were no off season bonuses either for any of those years.

Insane. Drew Willy and Durant made over $100k more in 2016 than he did.
          I'd believe $320K. That's a pretty hefty salary and leap of faith to be handing to a guy who had been the starter for 1 season when he signed that deal. How many other QBs have received that sort of raise so early in their career?

Not sure what Forzani has to do with things. Weren't they long gone out of the picture by the time Bo signed that deal? Heckuva deal for Calgary Sports and Entertainment if Forzani was so charitable.

Comment

Popular players get "consideration" from various companies that feel they can benefit from their celebrity. Happens all the time in all markets, nothing to see.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X