Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be Very, Very, Kwiet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Very, Very, Kwiet.

Perhaps it is simply perception, however this off-season seems so quiet. In the past, there seemed to be announcements from the Rider organization on a weekly basis. I know that work is being done to prepare for the upcoming season, however compared to the Chris Jones era, the new crew seems to prefer flying under the radar. Any thoughts from the Riderfans crew?

The entire league seems to hibernating.

Comment

Would it have anything to do with the uncertainty about the CBA? It would be interesting to compare the stats from the the last time the CBA was up for re-negotiation.

Comment

Originally posted by raincatcher View Post
        Perhaps it is simply perception, however this off-season seems so quiet. In the past, there seemed to be announcements from the Rider organization on a weekly basis. I know that work is being done to prepare for the upcoming season, however compared to the Chris Jones era, the new crew seems to prefer flying under the radar. Any thoughts from the Riderfans crew?
        Free agency was the craziest since I can remember. It always lulls when FA is basically and mostly over until the Combines. Which are about to happen. And the CBA negotiations are about to happen. The lull is going to be very short this year.

Comment

They're all busy making picket signs?

Comment

Everyone is busy watching AAFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
              The entire league seems to hibernating.
              Should be waking up this week.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrider View Post
                Everyone is busy watching AAFL.
                My grandsons have hockey playoffs, forgot aafl was even on.
                ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Honestly when I see tweets about players wanting revenue sharing and guaranteed contracts, it makes me feel there is a real chance of a work stoppage at the worst time

Comment

Originally posted by jlh2640 View Post
                    Honestly when I see tweets about players wanting revenue sharing and guaranteed contracts, it makes me feel there is a real chance of a work stoppage at the worst time
                    they are in the wrong league. The books with Montreal, BC and Toronto wouldn't show a lot of net earnings. I suspect their income statements would have a bracket around bottom line net income.

Comment

Originally posted by brady View Post

they are in the wrong league. The books with Montreal, BC and Toronto wouldn't show a lot of net earnings. I suspect their income statements would have a bracket around bottom line net income.
                      Exactly

Comment

If there's revenue sharing, will they accept deficit sharing?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          If there's revenue sharing, will they accept deficit sharing?
                          The issue here, is that the league is porfitable, but off the backs of the larger fan bases, which support the smaller or "weak" markets.

Same goes in the NHL, or NFL, or any other pro league... not every market is going to make it rain, but lightning has been known to strike.

Comment

my bigger concern is on guaranteed contracts.... if they want guranteed contracts they are goign to be seeing A LOT more incentive driven and alot less "guaranteed" money.

Comment

If the CFLPA listens too carefully to Ken Georgetti, get ready to watch lawn bowling this summer. This dinosaur has no clue. I thought he had folded up his tent and headed for the hills years ago. Just like bringing in our Child-prince PM, nothing good comes from bringing in this relic from labor relations past. Not a good move.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X