Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TJack retires a Rider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJack retires a Rider

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced on Thursday that international defensive back and returner Tristan Jackson has signed a one-day contract to officially retire as a Roughrider.

Loved T-Jack. He never quit on a play.

Comment

TJack was they type of player who always seemed to play 110% and never take a play off. However, IMHO he seemed to get into Chamblin's dog house quite regularly for some reason.
      ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Great pro and a big part of the 2013 Grey Cup run as a DB. Underrated there I think. 2nd all-time in kickoff returns is no joke either. Big fan. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Mallard View Post
          TJack was they type of player who always seemed to play 110% and never take a play off. However, IMHO he seemed to get into Chamblin's dog house quite regularly for some reason.
          I wouldn't hold that against him. Congratulations to T-Jack on his retirement!

Comment

Always a big fan of his - remember he lit up an Edmonton receiver (Tucker maybe?) in a preseason game. Also remember him lighting a guy up and forcing a fumble, and he was too busy celebrating his hit to notice the fumble. He could hit damn hard for a little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
              Always a big fan of his - remember he lit up an Edmonton receiver (Tucker maybe?) in a preseason game. Also remember him lighting a guy up and forcing a fumble, and he was too busy celebrating his hit to notice the fumble. He could hit damn hard for a little guy.
              What I loved is that he could deliver some solid hits, but he was also a reliable tackler. Sometimes guys are always looking for the big hit and have suspect tackling ability, which leads to highlights but also frustration. Jackson was one of the few guys who seemed to know when he could deliver the big hit and when to just make the sure tackle. He was pretty solid against the run for a cornerback.

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
                I remember that. We ended up losing the game and he was celebrating like we won the grey cup. That being said he was a great player and one of my favorite riders while he was here.

https://youtu.be/tx5tk82_8iA

Comment

Can you imagine how good Duron Carter would be if he had T-Jack's tenacity and drive? He'd be in the NFL right now, and would be prominent imo.

Comment

Loved him being a Rider! Man, watching some of those highlights really brings me back to some good times in Rider Nation. Although those tramp stamp uniforms were never my favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                      Can you imagine how good Duron Carter would be if he had T-Jack's tenacity and drive? He'd be in the NFL right now, and would be prominent imo.
                      DC needs 20% of TJax drive and he would never have seen 110 yard field. Tallent 100%, Drive 10%.

Comment

Congratulations Tristan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mallard View Post
                          Probably for being bad at math

Comment

Originally posted by gilligan View Post

What I loved is that he could deliver some solid hits, but he was also a reliable tackler. Sometimes guys are always looking for the big hit and have suspect tackling ability, which leads to highlights but also frustration. Jackson was one of the few guys who seemed to know when he could deliver the big hit and when to just make the sure tackle. He was pretty solid against the run for a cornerback.
                            Our dear alumnus Clamps (the great Wayne Shaw) would likely agree with you. Clamps is big on wrapping up

Comment

Cool, nice to see.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X