Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marc Trestman Named Coach of Tampa XFL Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Trestman Named Coach of Tampa XFL Team

Per ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...a-bay-xfl-team

Head Coach and General Manager. I find it interesting that Trestman is taking on the dual role, something he hasn't done before. After getting screwed over by Popp, can't say I blame him.

Comment

Amazing how many teams these coaches pass through in their careers.

Comment

Was Marc the kind of guy thatís after his own CFL head coach career had come to an end would have taken a senior role with an org and acted as an organizational mentor to a younger HC and his staff? Why i ask is that I believe his shelf life as a HC was over in the CFL, as everything cycles, but his vast knowledge and experience certainly wouldnít have made him obsolete by any stretch. The issue is how do you fit him into a pay structure that is limited such as the CFLs with its cap. Is this an inevitable step to having less experienced coaching staffs in the CFL as these other leagues siphon experienced coaches away from this league? Not a fan of the salary cap on football ops and sometimes in trying to help yourself out, you just shoot yourself in the boot, which i think is what our commish has done. Time will tell i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          Head Coach and General Manager. I find it interesting that Trestman is taking on the dual role, something he hasn't done before. After getting screwed over by Popp, can't say I blame him.
          I could be mistaken, but I believe it is a dual role for all clubs.
          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

By all accounts he seems like a great person. Glad he found a spot to land.

Comment

so... looking for work again after 1 year, when the league folds....again ...

Comment

Originally posted by mh88 View Post
                so... looking for work again after 1 year, when the league folds....again ...
                Lol. I didnít realize this league has folded before? I thought this was the first run for the AAF?

Comment

Good news for the Argos as they wont have to pay him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Lol. I didnít realize this league has folded before? I thought this was the first run for the AAF?
                    He has been hired to coach in the XFL not the AAF.

Comment

Lol. This is the first run for the AAF. However, Trestman has been hired by the XFL, which is on rev. 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post

He ha been hired to coach in the XFL not the AAF.
                        Ahhh. My mistake. I thought it was the AAF.

I keep forgetting the XFL is coming too. Good time to be a football fan with all kinds of viewing options!

Comment

Good. He can bore the livin' bejesus out them.

Comment

Good time to be a football fan with all kinds of viewing options!
                            starting to feel like a bad smorg

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post

starting to feel like a bad smorg
                              I donít know about that. If people donít like it they can simply watch something else. I get that some people like the break from football. Iím the opposite and am quite excited that thereís more viewing options now. Hope the AAF and the XFL do well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X