Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Grey Cup Ticket pricing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a ticket outside the gate 20 minutes before kickoff for half face value. Been to 20 plus Grey Cups and have never paid face.

Comment

That Greg guy who wrote that blog mentioned the $119 entry point in Calgary thus year but didn't mention that is $60 cheaper than the cheapest 2013 entry point. He also made a point of mentioning it cost $309 to get out of the side and back corner of the end zone without mentioning that there were a few thousand seats in 2013 that for $10 less you were still stuck on the side of the end zone or in behind it. It's tough to really compare the two because the stadiums are configured much differently making it apples and oranges. Overall Calgary's structure is comparable to 2013. While it's 5% higher on most of the sideline seats they have a cheaper entry point and no $300 behind the end zone seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Luther Selbo View Post
        Buy a ticket outside the gate 20 minutes before kickoff for half face value. Been to 20 plus Grey Cups and have never paid face.
        I used to find tickets on game day and also never paid face although I didn't have the patience to wait as long as you do. When GC turned the popularity corner earlier in the millenium I got away from that in favour of having them bought and paid for early in the spring. As long as I'm healthy enough and mobile enough to attend I know I'll be going to the game so why not show up in the host city with that very important little detail already taken care of. I'm also a believer that with everything I'm paying to go to Grey Cup I might as well get a good seat and am willing to secure it as early in the process as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post
          That Greg guy who wrote that blog mentioned the $119 entry point in Calgary thus year but didn't mention that is $60 cheaper than the cheapest 2013 entry point. He also made a point of mentioning it cost $309 to get out of the side and back corner of the end zone without mentioning that there were a few thousand seats in 2013 that for $10 less you were still stuck on the side of the end zone or in behind it. It's tough to really compare the two because the stadiums are configured much differently making it apples and oranges. Overall Calgary's structure is comparable to 2013. While it's 5% higher on most of the sideline seats they have a cheaper entry point and no $300 behind the end zone seats.
          It should be noted that in 2013 the Riders used a lot of temporary seating that had a cost to build.

Comment

The only drawback I can think of in waiting for your tickets (along with the time to buy the tickets) is that if your team is in it and a group of you want to sit together, that will be tough to get. You have to be willing to buy 1 or 2.

Comment

Ouch! Them are some steep prices! I guess Calgary has to pay for Bo's contract somehow.

Comment

Also, the 4 areas highlighted for the blue ticket are the smallest areas in the entire stadium. Those tickets are going to be harder to get than a VHS copy of the Bombers last Grey Cup win.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha this deserves emphasis

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

For 2013? I find that pretty hard to believe outside of maybe a couple dozen that scalpers had been selling for 1000+ and took their lumps on remnants

this pricing is higher, but it has been clear for a while that the CFL wants to move the bar for the championship. It's nothing for the NFL to charge well over 10x normal pricing for the super bowl. CFL is 4 or 5 x.

when people paid 180 bucks for a grey cup sideline seat, you have to remember that the seat was like 45 bucks for a regular season game. It's likely a pretty similar multiple then and now.
                  My wife and I bought sideline seats (between the 5 and 10 yard line, row 14, shady side) the day before the game for $100 apiece on Kijiji. A friend and his wife who'd just moved here from Ontario bought a pair on game day Sunday at around noon for $50 each plus service fees on StubHub. They were up high on the sunny side and right on the goal line, if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

And about what was that ticket worth for a regular season game in 95?
                    I am trying to remember. Actually, the Grey Cup ticket could have cost between $150 and $200. I do remember that it cost more than the $125 for the 91 Grey Cup in Wpg in the metal north end temp bleachers. That was a darned cold game too. I went to that one only because Regina had no hope whatever of hosting and this would be the closest I'd get. Or so I thought at the time.

For five years I had a prime seat on the 52 yard line for the reg season and for 95 Grey Cup.I think the price per game was about $30 for us season ticket holders in old fartland.

Edit:The irony was that I had a very good seat for five years of bad football with unfriendly fans . But I was completely football crazy then. Eventually I settled on cheapo Section 11 in the NW corner. My madness lasted until 2008. Nowadays, my take is more rational but I am still very interested.
                    Last edited by Sprout; 03-06-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

There ya go. Enough whining about price gouging.
                      some of the people that complain just like to complain and have no intention of heading to Cowtown or the game .. its a championship game in a 36k seat stadium there are going to be no cheap seats

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

I am trying to remember. Actually, the Grey Cup ticket could have cost between $150 and $200. I do remember that it cost more than the $125 for the 91 Grey Cup in Wpg in the metal north end temp bleachers. That was a darned cold game too. I went to that one only because Regina had no hope whatever of hosting and this would be the closest I'd get. Or so I thought at the time.

For five years I had a prime seat on the 52 yard line for the reg season and for 95 Grey Cup.I think the price per game was about $30 for us season ticket holders in old fartland.

Edit:The irony was that I had a very good seat for five years of bad football with unfriendly fans . But I was completely football crazy then. Eventually I settled on cheapo Section 11 in the NW corner. My madness lasted until 2008. Nowadays, my take is more rational but I am still very interested.
                        Thanks. Solid example that 20 to 25 years ago It was 5 or 6 times the normal price for the seat in the big game. Now it's 4 or 5 times.
                        #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

They are not. GC 2013 was $350 for the sideline seats.
                          That's a 20% jump. With declining attendance during the season in many markets, raising pricing this aggressively is dangerous. I'm hoping they have some empty seats so the price gouging stops.

Comment

Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

They are not. GC 2013 was $350 for the sideline seats.
                            $385 in 2019 dollars. All this angst over $36?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

$385 in 2019 dollars. All this angst over $36?
                              Another aspect to this is in 2013 I paid $622 for Season tix in 2019 I am paying $929. I suspect part of this is the significant increase in costs for Season tix holders.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X