Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3Down Nation - Power Rankings - March Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by IMWT View Post

    How do you figure we are going with 3 NAT receivers?
    Well I saw an article suggesting they might. And yes it's only March, so that could change Just like it's too frikn early for power rankings

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

      Well I saw an article suggesting they might. And yes it's only March, so that could change Just like it's too frikn early for power rankings
      Not sure John Hodge, a fan blogger, is a guy we should be using to gauge the Bombers game plan. Lol.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

        Not sure John Hodge, a fan blogger, is a guy we should be using to gauge the Bombers game plan. Lol.
        Not sure the term "power rankings" should be used in March either

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

          Not sure the term "power rankings" should be used in March either
          Oh God. Boo hoo.

          some people are writing articles on the CFL in the offseason. This is a GOOD thing. The CFL needs ALL the press it can get.

          Who cares if you agree of disagree but it’s comments like this that truly make the CFL minor league. “We don’t want offseason coverage”. “We don’t want offseason analasys”. “Don’t write about or rank our team because it’s too early”.

          This league needs every ounce of press it can get. Kudos to 3DN for getting people talking.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

            Not sure the term "power rankings" should be used in March either
            Didn't I see a few of your posts in the predict the standings thread?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

              A lot of it has to do with the fact that they always replace players. Whether it’s just a couple or several. Look at their receiving group last year. I’ve never seen a group that decimated with injuries and it didn’t matter, other players stepped up and made plays. Their past body of work gets them credibility which leads to them getting a lot of praise in the media - rightly so as well. They are the definition of sustained success.
              Yes they always replace players, but have they ever come close to replacing this magnitude? They have good recruiting, but I don't think even they can fill all those wholes without a significant drop-off

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Green81 View Post

                Yes they always replace players, but have they ever come close to replacing this magnitude? They have good recruiting, but I don't think even they can fill all those wholes without a significant drop-off
                It’s a tall task but if anyone can do it, it’ll be the league’s best organization. I’m done writing them off. I’ve done it for years. Even last year, I expected they’d feel the loss of Tommie Campbell. Instead, they find Tre Roberson who was even better.

                I can see why people would still have the Stamps at 1. They have organizational stability and the best player in the game. Us on the other hand have a rookie coach and GM, have lost three of our most dynamic defensive players and we have a marshamallow in a football helmet behind centre. Games aren’t won or lost off of power rankings and I’ll hope for the best but taking the green glssss off I can completely see why almost everyone has us in fifth.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I’ll never understand how people are giving so much credit to the Esks. They’re spending more money on players who aren’t as good as the ones they lost and they finished in last place last year. Their roster is going to be weaker and Harris will just to another year with a below .500 record as a QB.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

                    Oh God. Boo hoo.

                    some people are writing articles on the CFL in the offseason. This is a GOOD thing. The CFL needs ALL the press it can get.

                    Who cares if you agree of disagree but it’s comments like this that truly make the CFL minor league. “We don’t want offseason coverage”. “We don’t want offseason analasys”. “Don’t write about or rank our team because it’s too early”.

                    This league needs every ounce of press it can get. Kudos to 3DN for getting people talking.
                    You're not wrong - Coming up with content in the middle of the dead zone between free agency and draft is difficult at best. I'll likely have my 1st 2019 Power Rankings out next week too.

                    I love the thought that Power Rankings don't mean much in March... Hell, they don't mean a damn thing in November either (and thats coming from a guy who does weekly rankings throughout the season).

                    They are nothing more than a fan's view on things to spur conversation

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Nothing wrong with power rankings any time of the year. It's just a moment in time though. Don't use them as a guage for potential Grey Cup success until after the final week of the season because they will change a million times leading up to it. As a snapshot in time the March power rankings are pretty reasonable. In April they are likely different, and in May different again...etc. etc.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

                        Not sure the term "power rankings" should be used in March either
                        True...but at least there is something tangible to base an opinion on. Hodge is just throwing crap out there and presenting it as potential fact. How and why 3DN keep him around is mystifying.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by safimod View Post

                          You're not wrong - Coming up with content in the middle of the dead zone between free agency and draft is difficult at best. I'll likely have my 1st 2019 Power Rankings out next week too.

                          I love the thought that Power Rankings don't mean much in March... Hell, they don't mean a damn thing in November either (and thats coming from a guy who does weekly rankings throughout the season).

                          They are nothing more than a fan's view on things to spur conversation
                          Absolutely and good for you guys to be driving conversation and attention to the league as well. Somehow I think those that are whining about these rankings are doing more so because they don’t like the opinion of the writers.

                          Keep it up, Piffles guys. It’s great to see the time you put into the league / team.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

                            Oh God. Boo hoo.

                            some people are writing articles on the CFL in the offseason. This is a GOOD thing. The CFL needs ALL the press it can get.

                            Who cares if you agree of disagree but it’s comments like this that truly make the CFL minor league. “We don’t want offseason coverage”. “We don’t want offseason analasys”. “Don’t write about or rank our team because it’s too early”.

                            This league needs every ounce of press it can get. Kudos to 3DN for getting people talking.
                            Damn those 3DN losers for wanting to initiate some CFL talk in early March, how dare they ...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                              I’ll never understand how people are giving so much credit to the Esks. They’re spending more money on players who aren’t as good as the ones they lost and they finished in last place last year. Their roster is going to be weaker and Harris will just to another year with a below .500 record as a QB.
                              Well this article has them ranked fifth which seems pretty fair to me at this point, although I do see them surpassing that ranking. I think the Esks could be a dark horse contender this season.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Pencilvester View Post

                                Well this article has them ranked fifth which seems pretty fair to me at this point, although I do see them surpassing that ranking. I think the Esks could be a dark horse contender this season.
                                I thought they were toast after Reilly left but Sunderland gets a lot of credit IMO for having a solid plan in place to fall back on. I don’t see them being quite where Calgary and BC are at the moment but I’m certainly not counting the Esks out.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X