Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3Down Nation - Power Rankings - March Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Down Nation - Power Rankings - March Update

https://3downnation.com/2019/03/04/3...just-happened/

1 - Calgary
    2 - Winnipeg
    3 - BC
    4 - Hamilton
    5 - Edmonton
    6 - Saskatchewan
    7 - Ottawa
    8 - Toronto
    9 - Montreal

March power rankings? lol
    #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
      March power rankings? lol
      Kinda what I thought. He has a better chance of snorting a wet noodle down his nose and pulling it out of his *** than getting this right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridermania View Post
        https://3downnation.com/2019/03/04/3...just-happened/

1 - Calgary
        2 - Winnipeg
        3 - BC
        4 - Hamilton
        5 - Edmonton
        6 - Saskatchewan
        7 - Ottawa
        8 - Toronto
        9 - Montreal
        LOL... Calgary as #1..... oh I didn't realize reputation could propel you to #1 all on it's own...

For as strong as the West looks, there are A LOT of unknowns with all the teams... going West to East...
        BC - New coaching staff... a lot of first time coaches and ex-players... a big splash in FA basically rebuilt that team, this could be a blessign or a curse if the coachign staff isn't able to reign everything... could be a rough year 1 with improvement throughout the year.

EDM - How will Harris do under Maas? Receiving corps was pretty well decimated, but got a couple new faces in FA... another team that may have year 1 growing pains?

CGY - Talk about a shell of it's former self? They lost SOOOOOO many big names, they will retain BLM but at a hefty salary hit... meaning they will be looking for Rookies or newer faces to step in to hold up their "Winning ways"

SSK - There is quite a bit of consistency with most of the team that finished out 2018 returning. Jury is out on the Defense until we can see it in action, will losing Sam.E, WJ, and Jones set this defense back, or will the additions and staying close to home for the DC prove to keep the ship upright and heading in the right direction. The Offence will be interesting with a lot of young receivers coming into their own at the end of last season, and beign back for season 2... maybe even get JWL back mid season?? Powell adds a consistent back and a nice compliment to Thigpen, I see the O being more balanced this season, with Collaros hopefully not being targeted by opponents to knock him out of the game. I hope the Targeting penalty is added to the CFL soon... player safety almost makes this mandatory now...

WPG - Again, a lot of retention on the O here, with the exception of a decimated O line, between retirements and FA they lost a lot of ALL-Star power... will their replacements be able to have the same production in 2019... will Andrew Harris stay healthy all season? they are skirting the edge of disaster with injury depth, atleast at first glance... maybe O'shea has an ace up his sleave?!

East - This basically goes HAM, MTL, TOR, OTT, in my opinion....

HAM - Masoli may have found his groove... can they be as high powered as last season?

MTL - Some consistency and an uptick at the end of 2018, losing Manziel should maybe prove a moral boost? For those worries about the Rider QB situation... the Als have been floundering a lot longer then we have to find their new Franchise Pivot.

TOR - Chambelain 2.0?? Is he better as a HC now, or do we see the same self-destructive attitude as we saw in SSK?

OTT - If calgary is a shell of it's former self, OTT is fighting to even remain a shadow of it's 2018 form.... they have who on Offence? Sinopoli?? They lost A LOT of their Eastern All-stars to FA

Just my 2 pennies being rubbed together...

To give anyone Power ranking at this point you almost just need ot look at the rosters and give people a score of 1-10 based on previous performance... which is useless lol...

But it led me to thinking about it and wiriting this post so... I guess 3DN is keeping our brain juices flowing and concentrating on the CFL during a very slow period.

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post
          LOL... Calgary as #1..... oh I didn't realize reputation could propel you to #1 all on it's own...

CGY - Talk about a shell of it's former self? They lost SOOOOOO many big names, they will retain BLM but at a hefty salary hit... meaning they will be looking for Rookies or newer faces to step in to hold up their "Winning ways"
          And yet we say that every year, and every year they seem to get stronger. They have done nothing to deserve anything but 1st place on the power rankings.

Comment

It's something to write. Does it really mean anything at this point? Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

So weird the defending Grey Cup champions would be considered #1 going into the following season. Particularly when it's a team that has proven year after year after year that they have little to no problems replacing big names that leave in the offseason.
              Agreed with the notion that power rankings in March mean absolutely nothing other than as a conversation starter, but this list looks pretty reasonable.

Comment

So how is releasing a "power rankings" all that different from "predict the standings"?

Comment

Originally posted by mixer View Post
                  So how is releasing a "power rankings" all that different from "predict the standings"?
                  Not much.

Comment

A different way of looking at doom and gloom.
                    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

I’d have us somewhere around 6-8 so they’re probably correct here. Most objective people have the Riders fifth in western talent. Luckily games aren’t played on paper.

Comment

Winnipeg, forced to go with 3 national receivers, second. Mkayy...

Comment

A precombine CFL mock draft would have been more timely with NFL combine going on, but also just as pointless as a March power rankings.

The current media/"objective" analysis drooling and slobbering over Edmonton and BC reminds me of the 2017 business season. Everyone was declaring BC as the western powerhouse after all their free agent moves. How did that work out again?

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                            Winnipeg, forced to go with 3 national receivers, second. Mkayy...
                            How do you figure we are going with 3 NAT receivers?

Comment

It is absolutely the same thing. Absolutely baseless.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X