Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL tells Johnny Football to get lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provides some explanation as to why Montreal had so many QBs under contract.

Comment

Meh.. I figured he'd be out of the League sooner rather than later. Makes Kavis Reed and Andrew Wetenhall look dumber than they normally look, so that's a positive lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ants-In-My-Eyes Johnson View Post
        How can Kavis possibly keep his job after trading two 1st rounders for this guy?
        The only thing I can come up with is Kavis has a no-cut incompetency clause in his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
          Whatever Johnny did was with the intent to get out of the CFL.
          He missed out on his $100K bonus by a couple of days.

XFL wont bring him on and not sure about the AAF with his history.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

Exactly. I don't get the excuse making for him. Trouble has followed him everywhere. Texas A&M, Cleveland, now Montreal. If there was anything to Jones liking him the Riders dodged an absolutely bullet by not giving up assets for this guy. And it's not like was that good either. Put up big numbers and made flashy plays in college. Lot of guys have done that and gone nowhere in the pros....guys with no baggage.
            Anyone that claims Johnny Manziel was a good QB up here does not know CFL QB's. Period. And to develop into one would take dedication and hard work. This whole thing makes June Jones' big time proclamations of last year look extremely foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by Polyphemus View Post

The only thing I can come up with is Kavis has a no-cut incompetency clause in his contract.
              Combo of Kavis and the boss' son, Andrew, who signed off on it. I just knew Kavis was going to set back the franchise for a long time.

Comment

AAF will try to sign him, and I could also see Vince McMahon dry heaving in excitement...

Comment

Good olí Mavis

Comment

Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

Wonder if he really did breach the terms of his contract conditions - like hanging out in the Montreal peeler bars? Or maybe the Als just wanted an excuse to get rid of him cause they saw he just was not that good, nor a team guy, and more of a me first ego head?

Als could still surprise with Pipkin (clearly better than Manzier last season IMO) or Vernon Adams pulling thru at QB; also like to see Keith Richard (Laval) get a real shot to compete in TC there - guy is a real deal, all-around QB talent, IMO; and him succeeding with the Als, even just making the roster at first. might do more to sell tickets or create some buzz in Montreal than Manzier's act.
                    Not sure what excuse the Als would need. Why not just release him? The way this has gone down, according to the article, is he is effectively banned from the league.

This is a bit more than just the Als wanting to get rid of him

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
                      AAF will try to sign him, and I could also see Vince McMahon dry heaving in excitement...
                      Didn't McMahon say he was ineligible for the XFL due to his record?

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                        I wish Kavis was still running the Smos

Comment

The trade was a kick in the nuts to the Als and their fans. This just makes it horrible for them, whether he was going to cut it or not. Ouch.
                          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by riderfan-ontario View Post
                            I was actually hoping that things would work out for him. There was potential that it could have been good for our league.
                            He couldn't keep his **** together for the incentive of playing in the NFL Shouldn't be a surprise he couldn't do it up here

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

Anyone that claims Johnny Manziel was a good QB up here does not know CFL QB's. Period. And to develop into one would take dedication and hard work. This whole thing makes June Jones' big time proclamations of last year look extremely foolish.
                              Either June Jones is a fool, or he and ET were brilliantly hyping him to get a ransom in a trade. They turned a long shot player from their negotiation list into a heck of a return.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Didn't McMahon say he was ineligible for the XFL due to his record?
                                Yup. It sounded like they were going to have pretty low tolerance.
                                #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X