Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL tells Johnny Football to get lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
    I just saw an interview put forward by the media and the AAF of course in which Johnny tells us, yet again, how woke he is and how he realizes where everything went wrong in his life, how grateful he is for a second chance, how he just met Mike Singletary but he can tell that "not only does Coach Singletary want me to succeed but I can tell he already cares about me as a person."

    In short, this time Johnny is REALLY self aware. This time. He means it.

    It's like BSD posted in this thread not long ago, Johnny has learned what to say and when to say it, to feed the media what they want to hear so they are satisfied. And if Johnny has had a major blow up in his marriage, I'd be more fearful for him on a personal level as she was the rock in his life, it was described to me. If he keeps on heading in the direction he seems to be heading, we'll likely be hearing about some sort of "major incident" or happening in his life within a year or so that really stands out.
    And of course they donít mention his time in the CFL. It was mentioned that itís his 2nd chance - really itís his 3rd chance.

    Iím sick of him, I hope he blows it there to and just goes away. He doesnít deserve it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by McGreen View Post

      Good one.
      it happens to other as well. It happens to CFLers who constantly desire to give the NFL another go.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Oracle View Post

        That gives him a battle to fight and he has more resources than most at his disposal. It doesn't give him a pass on accountability.
        If he is bi-polar it actually does to an extent since it means he can loose grip on reality. Not sure I believe he actually is bipolar. If he is that is significantly different from general anxiety, social anxiety, or moderate depression.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

          If he is bi-polar it actually does to an extent since it means he can loose grip on reality. Not sure I believe he actually is bipolar. If he is that is significantly different from general anxiety, social anxiety, or moderate depression.
          The DSM-5 gets thicker each year, absolving more and more people of their responsibility. I'm waiting for SBS (Spoiled Brat Syndrome) to make an official appearance.

          By the way, has anyone ever seen JM on the downward side of his bi-polar illness? Seems to me that, besides a random pout here and there, only the manic side manifests.
          Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Oracle View Post

            The DSM-5 gets thicker each year, absolving more and more people of their responsibility. I'm waiting for SBS (Spoiled Brat Syndrome) to make an official appearance.

            By the way, has anyone ever seen JM on the downward side of his bi-polar illness? Seems to me that, besides a random pout here and there, only the manic side manifests.
            Not sure what your point is. Bipolar can be just as you are saying.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DJR View Post

              Not sure what your point is. Bipolar can be just as you are saying.
              I guess that my point is that if you really want to look for it, most people can be diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. JM seems to many to be getting a pass for acting like a spoiled brat, a trait he shares with Duron Carter.
              Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

                Did you hear Rick Zamperin and Bill Kelly on CHML talk about how a Ticat player had to go to Johnny's house and get him because he didn't show up for practice?

                He found him busy playing video games.
                A beloved former Rider QB was the same way. If someone didn't go to his place and make sure he got to wherever he was supposed to be, he'd be either sleeping or playing video games.

                Lots of these guys are still kids. Kids who have been coddled all through school, never had to live in the real world, and now they're playing a game for a living. Johnny might have his differences, but in that sense he's much like many others I'm sure.
                Is it May yet?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                  I just saw an interview put forward by the media and the AAF of course in which Johnny tells us, yet again, how woke he is and how he realizes where everything went wrong in his life, how grateful he is for a second chance, how he just met Mike Singletary but he can tell that "not only does Coach Singletary want me to succeed but I can tell he already cares about me as a person."

                  In short, this time Johnny is REALLY self aware. This time. He means it.

                  It's like BSD posted in this thread not long ago, Johnny has learned what to say and when to say it, to feed the media what they want to hear so they are satisfied. And if Johnny has had a major blow up in his marriage, I'd be more fearful for him on a personal level as she was the rock in his life, it was described to me. If he keeps on heading in the direction he seems to be heading, we'll likely be hearing about some sort of "major incident" or happening in his life within a year or so that really stands out.
                  https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/24/johnn...ence-on-split/

                  Bre makes no bones about it ... she believes Johnny betrayed her trust, and strongly suggests he cheated on her. She also bats off the idea that she's after any of his fortune by referring to a prenup they might've signed. No one has filed for divorce yet, but by the way she's talking here ... it looks like that may be in the cards for Manziel.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Oracle View Post

                    I guess that my point is that if you really want to look for it, most people can be diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. JM seems to many to be getting a pass for acting like a spoiled brat, a trait he shares with Duron Carter.
                    Bi-polar disorder is not new it used to be called Manic depressive.

                    Here is a manic episode by someone who is medicated. So think what they would be like unmedicated. Fast forward to 1min 40 seconds

                    The key factors is this happens when sober. In some cases the person will think they are Jesus, an Alien, Superhero etc.

                    https://youtu.be/QPQst9Er62c

                    Another example

                    https://youtu.be/0aKv4NKjSiY
                    Last edited by Cflgridiron; 03-24-2019, 05:47 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Oracle View Post

                      I guess that my point is that if you really want to look for it, most people can be diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. JM seems to many to be getting a pass for acting like a spoiled brat, a trait he shares with Duron Carter.
                      The cavalier attitude that most people can be diagnosed with bi-polar is not true and that type of misinformation is a problem. Itís one of the reasons there is a stigma around mental health problems and why they arenít taken as seriously as they should be.

                      I donít know anything about Manzielís personal circumstances, but mental health diagnoses should not be shrugged off.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

                        The cavalier attitude that most people can be diagnosed with bi-polar is not true and that type of misinformation is a problem. Itís one of the reasons there is a stigma around mental health problems and why they arenít taken as seriously as they should be.

                        I donít know anything about Manzielís personal circumstances, but mental health diagnoses should not be shrugged off.
                        I agree. If he says he's bi-polar it does explain his behaviour the last several years. He is responsible for staying on his medication.

                        Comment


                        • When I think of Mike Singletary coaching Johnny Football I can't help but think of this
                           

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                            When I think of Mike Singletary coaching Johnny Football I can't help but think of this
                            Ya I was also thinking that Singletary is not the kind of coach whoís going to provide special attention for one player. He wants to be an old school authoritarian.

                            Comment




                            • Bre makes no bones about it ... she believes Johnny betrayed her trust, and strongly suggests he cheated on her. She also bats off the idea that she's after any of his fortune by referring to a prenup they might've signed. No one has filed for divorce yet, but by the way she's talking here ... it looks like that may be in the cards for Manziel.
                              Well he definitely screwed the Alouettes.

                              Too soon?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mrguy View Post





                                Well he definitely screwed the Alouettes.

                                Too soon?
                                Not at all.
                                ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X