Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL tells Johnny Football to get lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danno View Post

my mistake, I was discussing both Manziel and Owen's issues with my son and I conflated the two. Just texted him to confirm and he said he was talking about Owen's. Apologies to all.

That's a paddlin' for me!
    I blame your son.

Comment

my mistake, I was discussing both Manziel and Owen's issues with my son and I conflated the two. Just texted him to confirm and he said he was talking about Owen's. Apologies to all.

That's a paddlin' for me!
      Ah, you old guys are so easily confused... Squirrel!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

He was working on himself.

It’s other teams rhat were under some illusion of his capabilities
        Maybe that was what he was doing when he would blow off practice or meetings... Self improvement

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

In my defense, I am trying to keep up in airports between flights ..... excuses, excuses I know!

Comment

• There goes a chance at pipken

Comment

In my defense, I am trying to keep up in airports between flights ..... excuses, excuses I know!
              Head in the clouds and tail in a spin. March in Maui...

Comment

• Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

I actually think he "might" had been able to keep the course if he was in a place with fewer distractions... Not saying I wanted the Riders to sign him, but a place like Regina which is deemed "Boring" may have been enough to keep his head on football... but to be in a city like Montreal and try not to get into trouble with substances or any other shinanigans he was known for... pretty tough.

That said... I was about 90% sure he would either suck too much to get the start up here or piss it away again, like he did the NFL... but 10% of me said that no one is that stupid to ruin their chances twice...
                Duron Carter called... he said you're wrong on this point.
                “Darian was a very successful player and he did a lot of great things for our organization, but I will tell you that we won’t have an interest in Darian.”
                - Jeremy O'Day, January 18th 2019

Comment

• If anything Regina being boring would make you hit the sauce harder lol. What else is there to do?

Comment

Head in the clouds and tail in a spin. March in Maui...
                    Close .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                      There goes a chance at pipken
                      My thoughts exactly. The goofiest part is there were a number of riderfans that wanted him in rider green.
                      ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Hey......

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

An unbelievable score for the Ticats and massive loss for the Alouettes. There are a lot of ppl that I owe a toldyaso on this one that will come on here and read this. I was warning them about how Manziel would flame out in spectacular fashion and wasn't worth the risk. Or the cost.
                          Agreed. But let’s not throw out toldyaso’s just yet. BLM. nFL.

Comment

Maybe that was what he was doing when he would blow off practice or meetings... Self improvement
                            I don't have a clue why he blew off team stuff.

But he acknowledged his drug and alcohol issues. And it takes a lot of maturing to get past those things

So imo teams were foolish betting the farm on him and expecting to get anything other than what he is ,

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Come on?? Really???

In that case I change my tune. Get the frick out Johnny and go get some GD counselling.
                              Is that fact though? He has a prior DV charge but there is NOTHING out there supporting that is why he is out of the league - pretty low blow there if the poster he wrote that has no proof/info

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post

Is that fact though? He has a prior DV charge but there is NOTHING out there supporting that is why he is out of the league - pretty low blow there if the poster he wrote that has no proof/info
                                The poster that posted that retracted it. Sounds like he just had some mistaken info.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X