Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 CFL Combine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
    If the French do not bring any officers they will be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
      Draft Shai Ross
      Why - cause he's a great jumper ?

Comment

Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

Why - cause he's a great jumper ?
        On second thought doesn't matter Just a Canadian

Comment

Wondering why 2 Sask Huskie players - DT Evan Machibroda, and DB Payton Hall - both productive players in U Sports ball - were not at the Western Combine (or invited to the Main Combine) ? Both were at the CIS East-West all-star game last spring, which is a showcase game for upcoming CFL draft. Both those guys should be rated top 5 or so in their position categories for the upcoming CFL draft IMO. Anybody? - maybe they told the CFL they have no interest in trying pro ball?; or maybe they could have deferred their draft year till next year ?

Comment

Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post
            Wondering why 2 Sask Huskie players - DT Evan Machibroda, and DB Payton Hall - both productive players in U Sports ball - were not at the Western Combine (or invited to the Main Combine) ? Both were at the CIS East-West all-star game last spring, which is a showcase game for upcoming CFL draft. Both those guys should be rated top 5 or so in their position categories for the upcoming CFL draft IMO. Anybody? - maybe they told the CFL they have no interest in trying pro ball?; or maybe they could have deferred their draft year till next year ?
            IIRC, they both did pretty well in the East-West combine. Perhaps they feel that they are at risk of not having as strong of results, thus passing.
            #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/03/13/combin...rn-regional-2/

east top 5
              #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Bioben View Post

If the French do not bring any officers they will be fine!
                They'll be good at conceding the rouge or the safety?

Comment

Full East results: https://www.cfl.ca/combine/2019-cfl-...ional-combine/

Full West results: https://www.cfl.ca/combine/2019-cfl-...ional-combine/

Hopefully see something mores splashy in the big show, where more of the top names show. Lebreux's 33 bench seemed impressive, until you realize he seems pretty week in lower body scores. There were a few receivers over 6'1" who ran mid 4s in the 40. OL presses were pretty low. ben von muehldorfer at LB but up a set of scores that seems interesting though. Thus far, he is a name from combines that is a bit interesting.
                  #keepthepromise

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal green View Post

Reduce the ratio by half.

The grossly inflated cost of good Canadian players will decline, as will CFL roster costs generally. Fewer of them will hold out for an NFL opportunity if they knew that returning to Canada wasn’t a lock.
                    The issue is we are seeing a trend of them holding out anyway or opting for other options instead of the CFL... even with the "grossly inflated" salaries you made reference to, which makes me laugh a bit, these guys are holding out for paydays in the south... they know their best chance of gettign onto an NFL roster, is likely to turn a head enough to make a PR spot, and work their way up from within... after 2+ years in the CFL on a Rookie contract you may/may not have any interest as there are now 2 more years worth of O line prospects knocking on the door next to you....

Reducing the ratio isn't goign to do anything except make it so you can have more "cheaper" americans... the high paid Canadians are not the ones that would be cut, it is the lower ST guys, that are fighting to earn spots on the game day rosters that are goign to be sent packing...

Also, why would you want to limit the chances of our Canadian raised, not just "psuedo Canadians" i'll call the ones that have no tie to Canada at all except for some distant, nearly forgotten, family tie that they can use as a booster up here? MY son wants to play football as he grows up, right now he is young and dreams of being on a CFL team... THAT is what we should be instilling in our youth and the next generation... WANT to play the amazing game in the CFL, if you are super talented and can make it to the payday down south, by all means try... but deep down their heart belongs to the CFL... I am raising my kid with the right mentality of not looking at the CFL as inferior, and I would be quite displeased if the ratio was dropped such that teams could ingore most Canadian talent, just because they are Canadian..

Listenign to american players talking about Canadian players is disgusting.. they think they are automatically better then their Canadian counterpart. Which makes me laugh as there are Canadians in the NFL... where they were not good enough to stay... so I guess being Canadian doesn't automatically make you a scrub.

I would rather put more emphasis on developing talent within our border, rather than relying on elitist american's coming up thinking it is going to be a cake walk....

Double the ratio and it will also fix the inflated cost... as they won't be afford to pay them all what they were... otherwise the ~250k savings you'd have goign from Nat ST players to INT ST players will just funnel back to the top feed the outlandish QB and Starting Canadian #'s, then to all-star Internationals, and finally nothing will remain for the new rookie Americans. instead you will be scrapping the bottom of the barrel competing against the AAFL/XFL for the next couple years at least...

Comment

And frankly, an issue no one talks about. In the league who are the players who cause the vast majority of the issues, American players or Canadians. It’s about a 50-50 league overall. Trouble makers are massively skewed to the USA.
                      Just a peripheral thought.
                      Last edited by Dreegking; 03-17-2019, 02:44 AM.

Comment

‘I don’t give up easily’: Willowbrook football player closes in on CFL dream

Comment

It is nice to hear about a Canadian kid aspiring to make it to the CFL. It's just too bad that his odds of realizing that dream are slowly slipping away.

Comment

Originally posted by McGreen View Post

It is nice to hear about a Canadian kid aspiring to make it to the CFL. It's just too bad that his odds of realizing that dream are slowly slipping away.
                            It just means that he along with any other players will have to work that much harder to realize their dream of playing at the Pro level. The best players will still play regardless of Nationality and Nationality will never and should never be a factor

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post

It just means that he along with any other players will have to work that much harder to realize their dream of playing at the Pro level. The best players will still play regardless of Nationality and Nationality will never and should never be a factor
                              The idea that the CFL is part sport, part social program to ensure Canadian kids have jobs has always rubbed me the wrong way.

I get the history and tradition of Canadians in the CFL. But those that don't evolve, die off.
                              Theres obviously a balancing point between 100% Canadian, which sorry to say, no one would watch in sustainable numbers, and no ratio at all.
                              I don't know where that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post

I prefer to see the Canadian kids cash in and probably become productive members of Canadian society.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X