Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Riders should make Ricky Ray an offer he can't refuse....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Question is, would it be worth burning the cap mulligan on Walsh now or possibly on McAdoo later in the season?
    To use a cap mulligan now would not shine a good light on O'Day and Dickenson. To dump Walsh for a shiny new object in Ray with no formal coaching experience is saying they re-signed Walsh but didn't really think he could do the job in the first place.

Comment

Free sandwiches from Italian Star Deli for life?
      Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith in BC View Post

I think there is one more spot they could fill.

Shivers took on the D Coordinator job, Dickenson obviously the Head coach Job and ODay took on the GM post. If the Riders wanted to add a guy like Ray to the staff they could make it work. Although like others have said he might not be ready for it.
        The 11 spots are filled. Someone would have to be fired to hire someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post
          Free sandwiches from Italian Star Deli for life?
          And name one after him such as Ham on Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post

And name one after him such as Ham on Ray.
            ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

My gut feel on Ray is that at this late stage of the offseason if he decides not to play he will be content to take the year to decompress and decide what he wants to do in the future. Coaching? Has he ever expressed that he absolutely wants to coach? Maybe he'd rather get into scouting and player personnel. If he does decide to play I think it's down to Edmonton to be back up to Harris or nothing. The Esks do have a bit of a need. Toronto seems to have moved on and in reality they need to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith in BC View Post

I think there is one more spot they could fill.

Shivers took on the D Coordinator job, Dickenson obviously the Head coach Job and ODay took on the GM post. If the Riders wanted to add a guy like Ray to the staff they could make it work. Although like others have said he might not be ready for it.
                And they added Kent.

Comment

Must be a slow day. So much discussion over an inane idea.
                  Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

Comment

Sign him as a player, throw him on the 6 game all year, and there you have it, a player/coach with no cap money used.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubz View Post
                      Sign him as a player, throw him on the 6 game all year, and there you have it, a player/coach with no cap money used.
                      I'd like to think a player of Ray's stature would have enough self-pride that he wouldn't let himself get used as a pawn in that sort of game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post

I'd like to think a player of Ray's stature would have enough self-pride that he wouldn't let himself get used as a pawn in that sort of game.
                        Was somewhat a tongue in cheek comment......

Comment

Originally posted by BC Green View Post
                          No not as a playing QB. He is likely going through a tough time in his career deciding whether to hang em up even though he feels he has one more season in him....or does he? With the same friggen OC here that my way or the highway attitude, a well respected QB like Ray could really help our QB's, not to mention plan B if they finally want to get rid of Macadud. Everybody respects Ricky Ray, and he is obviously a very intelligent QB to put up the numbers and have the longevity he has had. Come on O'Day beat the others to the punch and bring Ray here....that would be a fantastic staff addition. Collaros is already familiar with Ray and maybe just maybe MacaDud will listen to Ray's opinions. I hate not having a good QB coach/ liason.
                          you just described the majority of coaches.
                          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Ive never heard of Ray being described as a great mentor to young developing quarterbacks. Glenn....yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubz View Post
                              You can only play so many of these bs games. If we do some of this I would rather it be a depth move or keeping more potential development QBs around.

Comment

Originally posted by McGreen View Post

I think we have our limit of coaches already.
                                Kevin Glenn might fit this definition as well if not better.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X