Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Riders should make Ricky Ray an offer he can't refuse....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Riders should make Ricky Ray an offer he can't refuse....

No not as a playing QB. He is likely going through a tough time in his career deciding whether to hang em up even though he feels he has one more season in him....or does he? With the same friggen OC here that my way or the highway attitude, a well respected QB like Ray could really help our QB's, not to mention plan B if they finally want to get rid of Macadud. Everybody respects Ricky Ray, and he is obviously a very intelligent QB to put up the numbers and have the longevity he has had. Come on O'Day beat the others to the punch and bring Ray here....that would be a fantastic staff addition. Collaros is already familiar with Ray and maybe just maybe MacaDud will listen to Ray's opinions. I hate not having a good QB coach/ liason.

Originally posted by BC Green View Post
    No not as a playing QB. He is likely going through a tough time in his career deciding whether to hang em up even though he feels he has one more season in him....or does he? With the same friggen OC here that my way or the highway attitude, a well respected QB like Ray could really help our QB's, not to mention plan B if they finally want to get rid of Macadud. Everybody respects Ricky Ray, and he is obviously a very intelligent QB to put up the numbers and have the longevity he has had. Come on O'Day beat the others to the punch and bring Ray here....that would be a fantastic staff addition. Collaros is already familiar with Ray and maybe just maybe MacaDud will listen to Ray's opinions. I hate not having a good QB coach/ liason.
    I think we have our limit of coaches already.

Comment

The coaching staff has already been determined for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by McGreen View Post

I think we have our limit of coaches already.
        We could dump Walsh with likely minimal impact.

But Ray will wait until the doctors actually give him medical clearance to play (or not). That hasn't happened yet.

Comment

And everyone said the same things about Anthony Calvillo and he sure hasnít set the world on fire as a coach. I find Ray and Calvillo to be similar - quiet and technical leaders who may lack motivational skills.

To me guys like Glenn and Lulay are more along the lines of better future QB coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post
            And everyone said the same things about Anthony Calvillo and he sure hasnít set the world on fire as a coach. I find Ray and Calvillo to be similar - quiet and technical leaders who may lack motivational skills.

To me guys like Glenn and Lulay are more along the lines of better future QB coaches.
            Guys that have shown evidence of doing it while they are still playing. Odds are that Ray would be as effective a coach as Calvillo, which is to say, not.

Comment

Ray has at least had a couple of guys who were behind him become starting QBs. How many guys who were behind Calvillo at one point in time ever established themselves as a starter?

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Ray has at least had a couple of guys who were behind him become starting QBs. How many guys who were behind Calvillo at one point in time ever established themselves as a starter?
                How much of that was due to his tutelage though? That is the unknown, although Ray does have a different rep with the QBs that have been beneath him as far as sharing in meetings and film room.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Hey - you may be right. I donít see those guys behind the scenes, just my observation as a fan.

Comment

Interesting thought except coaching staff is set for '19 and the last thing the Riders need is another injury prone QB.
                    ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Wasnt Greg Marshall a world fire setting coach as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Mallard View Post
                        Interesting thought except coaching staff is set for '19 and the last thing the Riders need is another injury prone QB.
                        Question is, would it be worth burning the cap mulligan on Walsh now or possibly on McAdoo later in the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Question is, would it be worth burning the cap mulligan on Walsh now or possibly on McAdoo later in the season?
                          McAdoo /Walsh appear to be much more highly regarded by team hierarchy than by a number of fans so I don't think the mulligan gets used at least for a while.
                          ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

If they were going to use a mulligan it could have been for McAdoo but the new regime doesnít necessarily think he was the whole problem.

However is definitely on probation along with Walsh.
                            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post
                              The coaching staff has already been determined for this season.
                              I think there is one more spot they could fill.

Shivers took on the D Coordinator job, Dickenson obviously the Head coach Job and OíDay took on the GM post. If the Riders wanted to add a guy like Ray to the staff they could make it work. Although like others have said he might not be ready for it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X