Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Agency - who is left

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agency - who is left

Jeff Knox - bring him home

two who surprise me because they are both very good (no room for them here) are DTs Nevis and Neill

OL JSJ and I think Gott is still out there - sneaky move may be to go sign Quinn Smith from Calgary

Tolliver is a pretty good receiver as well between Roosevelt Arceneaux and Tolliver perhaps we could keep two healthy at all times

but really not much left out there IMO

I assume Knox is still hoping to exhaust NFL opportunity

who else is out there that you like?
    Last edited by Rotor; 02-24-2019, 06:30 AM.

Mathews from Calgary

Comment

Depending on how the CBA negotiations shake out, there could be a second wave of free agency when/if the big spenders run into SMS issues. That could be a more interesting list than what can currently be found on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
        Mathews from Calgary
        Also pursuing NFL opps.

Comment

Definitely some good players left, but I dont think were interested in many. I see a hole at depth national DB or safety, but not much else. Maybe try and get Anthony Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post
            Jeff Knox - bring him home

two who surprise me because they are both very good (no room for them here) are DTs Nevis and Neill

OL JSJ and I think Gott is still out there - sneaky move may be to go sign Quinn Smith from Calgary

Tolliver is a pretty good receiver as well between Roosevelt Arceneaux and Tolliver perhaps we could keep two healthy at all times

but really not much left out there IMO

I assume Knox is still hoping to exhaust NFL opportunity

who else is out there that you like?
            Good post. JSJ, Knox, Tolliver, Gott ..... all would be good additions. Especially the first two.

Comment

Id like to see JSJ back... the whole reason he was drafted was because he projected out
              possibly at OT... if the Riders could add a viable long term national OT, that would be a bonus for the ratio.. I get that there are cheaper import options, but it would be good to see JSJ keep
              progressing....

Comment

Martese Jackson and Marshall are still out there. At this point, I have to wonder if these guys are looking at the CFL for 2019.

Hazelton is unsigned as well, and I see Bakari Grant at minimum getting a call from someone in need at some point this season. I am a Toliver fan, but have to question his durability at this point.

Brooks on the DL will do someone well, and Nevis is still out there as well. Gascon is a respectable national on the line and still ubsigned.

Ackie and Knox are really surprising to be unsigned, though I suppose Knox is maybe trying to feel up the teet of the NFL one more time.

The secondary though, Emanuel Davis, Otha Foster, TJ Heath, Lue, some solid depth out there for secondaries still.

For me, I would like to see the Riders poke at Marshall again, and maybe Hazelton, barring baggage backstory depth. Aside from that, maybe give Lue a chance for more than a cup of coffee in a new contract. If nothing else, for some camp competition there. And of course Knox.

If either Brooks or Davis don;t sign somewhere, which I can't see, then maybe one of them comes about cheap. Snapping up a good vet for depth on the cheap seems unlikely with the new leagues.
                #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Signing Dakota Shepley would be kind of a free agent signing

Comment

Signing Dakota Shepley would be kind of a free agent signing
                    no it wouldn't. He is not a FA at all. He can only sign with one CFL team if he signs in the CFL, barring trade. At this point it is no different that signing a 2019 draft pick.
                    #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

no it wouldn't. He is not a FA at all. He can only sign with one CFL team if he signs in the CFL, barring trade. At this point it is no different that signing a 2019 draft pick.
                      No I mean him playing with us this year

Comment

Originally posted by Mcintosh View Post
                        Definitely some good players left, but I dont think were interested in many. I see a hole at depth national DB or safety, but not much else. Maybe try and get Anthony Thompson.
                        Bouka?

Comment

Assuming camp unfolds as expected, the team is field ready. We could maybe improve at WIL by signing one of those guys (Ackie, Knox), and I think signing JSJ is a good idea, but he seems to think he'll start wherever he signs, and we have depth with Bladek, Schram, Clark, Labatte, Adusei, Blake. And seven N OL is too many. So, I wouldn't break the bank, and I wouldn't promise a starting spot. Lue is interesting, because Edem is going to play a big role with us this year.

Comment

No I mean him playing with us this year
                            I understood what you meant. Is signing the 2019 draft picks like free agency? Free agency is signing players that have shown what they can do in the CFL on some level. While Shepley looks promising, he is still an unproven player who probably needs some level of developmental time, even if that is a short amount.
                            #keepthepromise

Comment

Originally posted by WilsonR View Post
                              Assuming camp unfolds as expected, the team is field ready. We could maybe improve at WIL by signing one of those guys (Ackie, Knox), and I think signing JSJ is a good idea, but he seems to think he'll start wherever he signs, and we have depth with Bladek, Schram, Clark, Labatte, Adusei, Blake. And seven N OL is too many. So, I wouldn't break the bank, and I wouldn't promise a starting spot. Lue is interesting, because Edem is going to play a big role with us this year.
                              Agreed on Lue. It was a name that popped to me as well. The team may be alright with Radford in there, but I would like to see some competition beyond perhaps a draft pick.
                              #keepthepromise

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X