Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predict the standings thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danno View Post
    The Rider D was outstanding last year.
    Stats be damned.
    To quote an old friend, "You have to watch the games, boyo ..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

A home playoff game and a home playoff game win. JO is just starting out so he gets a bit of a pass simply because of the timing and because thereís a new coach and that factored into FA. At the end of the day CJ was 27-27 and 1-2 in the playoffs. We didnít exactly lose Vince Lombardi.

By year three of JOD I would hope heís at least getting home playoff games in a league where four of nine teams get one. It isnít exactly a huge accomplishment.
      Like Jones year 1, I expect playoffs for this regime and there will no excuses.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Like Jones year 1, I expect playoffs for this regime and there will no excuses.
        You expected playoffs for Lil Jonesie in year one? That five win juggernaut must have been a hard pill to swallow?

I would also hope for playoffs. Iím not stuck on 12-6 though. I know we have some talent but I also see that we were fortunate to be what we were. 9-9 in year one of OíDay would make me happy.

Comment

You expected playoffs for Lil Jonesie in year one? That five win juggernaut must have been a hard pill to swallow?

I would also hope for playoffs. Iím not stuck on 12-6 though. I know we have some talent but I also see that we were fortunate to be what we were. 9-9 in year one of OíDay would make me happy.
          Yes I did expect playoffs with a so called veteran gunslinger. Is that so hard for you digest that I didnít make excuses.

No excuses for the Jones regime, no excuses for this regime.

Comment

Yes I did expect playoffs with a so called veteran gunslinger. Is that so hard for you digest that I didnít make excuses.

No excuses for the Jones regime, no excuses for this regime.
            Nope thatís totally fair. Also I have a good digestive system and Iím very regular. Perks of hitting 40 and being healthy and in shape I suppose? I remember your ďjumping off the guard tower with a grenadeĒ thread so I know you had high expectations. Seemed like Lil Jonesie got a lot of free passes in year one, obviously not from you. My expectation with OíDay and Dickenson is 9-9, would that disappoint you?

Comment

Nope thatís totally fair. Also I have a good digestive system and Iím very regular. Perks of hitting 40 and being healthy and in shape I suppose? I remember your ďjumping off the guard tower with a grenadeĒ thread so I know you had high expectations. Seemed like Lil Jonesie got a lot of free passes in year one, obviously not from you. My expectation with OíDay and Dickenson is 9-9, would that disappoint you?
              Not worried as much about record as I am about getting into the playoffs, preferably with a home game.

Comment

As long as 9 and 9 means playoffs.

Comment

I hope it does. It might be crossover. I think we are one of the three teams on the outside looking in this year. Hope Iím wrong.

Comment

Last year 9-9 didn't mean the playoffs for Edmonton.

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

Fair point although in 2001, 9-9 meant first place for the Evil Empire. All depends on how other teams fair.
                      ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

For sure. The West is a power house and even more so now with all three of the top QBs here. Iím hoping 9-9 gets us a crossover but Iím guessing we are without playoff football this year in Rider Nation.

Comment

• Gonna be bold and nostalgic and say riders first place.... who cares about the rest lol. Weíre gonna win the cup in Calgaryís house this year and home next year.

Why...

last time we had a QB who showed flashes but couldnít win the big game, a star RB, and a so called too old receiver from BC - things went pretty well :-)

... just for fun 6 Offensive touchdowns in 2013 grey cup... 25 entire 2018 season... GAG lol
                          Last edited by Sugarhigh; 03-12-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X