Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Potentially Shopping Big Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridermania
    started a topic BC Potentially Shopping Big Names

BC Potentially Shopping Big Names

B.C. Lions are exploring trade possibilities for linebacker Solomon Elimimian and offensive tackle David Foucault, according to TSN's Farhan Lalji.

https://www.tsn.ca/lions-exploring-t...ames-1.1262027

• Hambone
    replied
    Originally posted by IMWT View Post

I thought Jones was pretty active in FA his entire tenure with the Riders. Very aggressive GM.
    He was trending downwards. Per CFL FA Tracker he signed 11 FAs in 2016, 9 in 2017 but only 5 in 2018. As per El Guapo's post fewer holes to fill it appears.

Leave a comment:

• Hambone
    replied
    Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

Something has got to give with all that Canadian O-line talent the Lions have accumulated. One of the deepest NI O-line groups on one CFL team in some time ?

Chungh, Steward & Husband (very good C) could form an outstanding / league best calibre interior 3; then they have surplus in Vaillancourt, Godber, Pierson, Foucault and Knevel. Steward, Foucault and Knevel are all experienced, natural OTs, but I'm not sure Mr. Ed would go with a Canadian at OT - maybe though and he has the options to try.

Some CFL teams should be able to scoop one or two of these Canadian O-linemen - wether via trade or just waiting for cuts ? Vaillancourt - if he is an odd man out or out of favor, would be the guy to go for IMO (if he has recovered from his injury issue?) - still an outstanding OG prospect who could maybe live up to the promise of one of the best Canadian guard talents in some time. Mr. Ed, Claybrooks and Chiu could afford to deal or cut a Foucault or one of the others and still have plenty of depth, plus the option to draft another young O-line prospect ?
    And there's still Boyko although at this point it's hard to figure out what's up with him. He's currently in the AAF. He showed in the Week 1 & 2 Gamebooks as dressing and coming off the bench as a substitution. In Week 3 he isn't listed at all as either a starter, substitution, did not play or not active. He is still on their roster per aaf.com. Mind you Alex Ross is the same. Doesn't show anywhere but he was down on the sidelines in full uniform when I picked up some snippets of the game. The Fleet did have 2 other OL showing as coming off the bench against Arizona. If Boyko was unable to see the field for all but 1 game in 3+ NFL seasons and is finding himself as a backup or not dressing in the AAF will he start to seriously think about heading north as soon as the AAF season is over or try to gut it out for another year? The sparse crowds at AAF game can't be giving the players a warm and fuzzy feeling about the league and its long-term viability even with Dundon's cash infusion to help it keep its nostrils above water. Conversely if he's struggling to get reps in the AAF what does that say for his future period?

Leave a comment:

• Beacon.x
    replied

I thought Jones was pretty active in FA his entire tenure with the Riders. Very aggressive GM.
    It started high with a full rebuild, but was getting much smaller by the year.

Leave a comment:

• El Guapo
    replied

Yeah that was my impression as well. But that first year there were noticeably more

Leave a comment:

• IMWT
    replied
    Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

Something has got to give with all that Canadian O-line talent the Lions have accumulated. One of the deepest NI O-line groups on one CFL team in some time ?

Chungh, Steward & Husband (very good C) could form an outstanding / league best calibre interior 3; then they have surplus in Vaillancourt, Godber, Pierson, Foucault and Knevel. Steward, Foucault and Knevel are all experienced, natural OTs, but I'm not sure Mr. Ed would go with a Canadian at OT - maybe though and he has the options to try.

Some CFL teams should be able to scoop one or two of these Canadian O-linemen - wether via trade or just waiting for cuts ? Vaillancourt - if he is an odd man out or out of favor, would be the guy to go for IMO (if he has recovered from his injury issue?) - still an outstanding OG prospect who could maybe live up to the promise of one of the best Canadian guard talents in some time. Mr. Ed, Claybrooks and Chiu could afford to deal or cut a Foucault or one of the others and still have plenty of depth, plus the option to draft another young O-line prospect ?
    The Lions definitely will have to cut some of that SMS hit loose.

Leave a comment:

• IMWT
    replied
    Originally posted by El Guapo View Post

Or it could be because there were fewer holes to fill as time progressed

Leave a comment:

• IMWT
    replied
    Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Because their defense was horrible, and they added some really good players in there.
    They also lost some very good players on defence. Ceresna, Grymes, Maston, and Sherrit are not chopped liver. However, getting rid of Benny VD is a good move. I still see Edmonton's defence as only marginally improved, and their offence definitely downgraded. At best I think they are stagnant this offseason and that's a compliment to their GM, because losing Reilly, Walker, Williams, Mitchell and the players on defence could have been an epic disaster.

I think people are considering Edmonton improved based on how bad it could have been but wasn't, instead of comparing them to last year's talent level which imo has been downgraded slightly or a push.
    Last edited by IMWT; 02-26-2019, 08:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• El Guapo
    replied
    Originally posted by Green81 View Post

That may be why Jones became much less involved in FA as his time here progressed.
    Or it could be because there were fewer holes to fill as time progressed

Leave a comment:

• Green81
    replied
    Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

They’re there when I type, but disappear after I post.
    I get the same on an iPhone

Leave a comment:

• Green81
    replied
    Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

Jones’ track record in FA is nothing to brag about.
    That may be why Jones became much less involved in FA as his time here progressed.

Leave a comment:

• CC Ryder
    replied
    Originally posted by Hambone View Post

It's possible but I think they will be going to 4 NAT starters. BC has a bit of a log jam with younger NAT OL and seem to have some good ones. Chungh and Steward should be locks for the 2 guard positions leaving Vaillancourt, Godber, Peirson, Foucault and Knevel fighting it out for the other 2 spots. Vaillancourt was being groomed as Husband's backup in 2017 then missed last season. Considering both were raw rookies Godber and Peirson both played surprisingly well filling in for Husband when he broke his leg. One of those 3 will get the starting center spot . That leaves Foucault and Knevel fighting it out for RT...….unless Claybrooks and Chui look are thinking about moving Steward over there. Steward was a tackle throughout college and in his first dozen or so CFL games and was very good.

Leave a comment:

• Beacon.x
    replied
    Originally posted by MattD View Post

Oh I get it, new Offensive Lineman and many other moves. However, you could argue that Reilly and Walker are #1 in their position each in the CFL and free agency is more about quality to me than quantity. The Redblacks they brought in are no joke but they have work to do.

I think if they got Willie Jefferson or Micah Johnson too I might be there with the others but to me they aren't there yet. Then again, I couldn't figure out why they slid so hard last year.

Because their defense was horrible, and they added some really good players in there.

Leave a comment:

• MattD
    replied
    Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Is that their only moves you noticed? I'm not sure they are a first place team on paper (I know I never put them there in the predictions), but they do look improved.
    Oh I get it, new Offensive Lineman and many other moves. However, you could argue that Reilly and Walker are #1 in their position each in the CFL and free agency is more about quality to me than quantity. The Redblacks they brought in are no joke but they have work to do.

I think if they got Willie Jefferson or Micah Johnson too I might be there with the others but to me they aren't there yet. Then again, I couldn't figure out why they slid so hard last year.

Leave a comment:

• Beacon.x
    replied
    Originally posted by MattD View Post

When you put it like that...it makes me wonder if they are really that far ahead talent wise too. They go from out of the playoffs to some people having them at first or second and hosting a home playoff game.

We go from 2nd to 5th because Edmonton trade Reilly and Walker for Harris and Ellingson?
    Is that their only moves you noticed? I'm not sure they are a first place team on paper (I know I never put them there in the predictions), but they do look improved.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X