Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Potentially Shopping Big Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
    It reilly makes me wonder why they can't afford them now
    Well played
    #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Well played
      Just wait until Edmonton has to chop wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
        I like that. "BC's exploring trade opportunities."

It's the equivalent of exploring dating possibilities with Scarlett Johansson.
        Haha!

Comment

Wasn't Harris quite a bit less than Reilly?
          ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Originally posted by Mallard View Post

Wasn't Harris quite a bit less than Reilly?
            No. He was slightly more actually.

Comment

No. He was slightly more actually.
              I thought they said he works out to ab out the same as they paid Reilly... at 550k ... I could be wrong...

I wouldn't hate Elimimian here, but not at his current contract, and not for trading something... maybe an old laundry bag, and a used practice ball... with the condition that he renegotiates his contract.

Comment

Elimimian on a reduced contract would be a nice add. Our LB corp needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

I thought they said he works out to ab out the same as they paid Reilly... at 550k ... I could be wrong...

I wouldn't hate Elimimian here, but not at his current contract, and not for trading something... maybe an old laundry bag, and a used practice ball... with the condition that he renegotiates his contract.
                  Reilly was $525K. Still, Reilly also hit a lot of incentives too. It's likely close. Edmonton took on tons of salary with the other guys.

Comment

Reilly was $525K. Still, Reilly also hit a lot of incentives too. It's likely close. Edmonton took on tons of salary with the other guys.
                    oh for sure, if you factor the Ellingson and SVR adds included, thats alot of dollars tied up.

Comment

I'm not convinced they really need to chop much. Grymnes, Reilly, Walker, adjei, Gascon, Glenn, Hazelton Andrew Jones are not there and made above base.. those players are What, around 1.4 mil from 2018?
                      #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Soylent View Post
                        And none of the other GMs are just going to wait for BC to have to cut them?
                        I bet Ottawa will be bargain hunting.
                        If a team has a definite need waiting for the player to get cut only fills that need if nobody else has the same need. Calgary and Ottawa would seem to be two places that could definitely do with SolE followed probably by Hamilton and the Riders. Would they roll the dice on a release or try to swing a deal to be sure they get him?
                        Last edited by Hambone; 02-22-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post
                          I think most people expected Elimimian to be gone. Maybe they want to replace Foucault with a cheaper American.
                          It's possible but I think they will be going to 4 NAT starters. BC has a bit of a log jam with younger NAT OL and seem to have some good ones. Chungh and Steward should be locks for the 2 guard positions leaving Vaillancourt, Godber, Peirson, Foucault and Knevel fighting it out for the other 2 spots. Vaillancourt was being groomed as Husband's backup in 2017 then missed last season. Considering both were raw rookies Godber and Peirson both played surprisingly well filling in for Husband when he broke his leg. One of those 3 will get the starting center spot . That leaves Foucault and Knevel fighting it out for RT...….unless Claybrooks and Chui look are thinking about moving Steward over there. Steward was a tackle throughout college and in his first dozen or so CFL games and was very good.

Comment

For some reason I thought Elimimian’s contract was up and he was an FA going in. I can see Calgary changing their ratio and being interested

Comment

BC will eventually have to release these two. Wait until they are released. Trading for them and taking on their contracts would be a bad move. I don't think our major competitors have a lot of cap space so be patient .

Comment

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

Especially when you weigh 300lbs, are hairy in all the wrong places, and suffer from a triple whammy of facial warts. eczema, and excessive flatulence, while still being a 'real nice feller'.
                                But is he a smart feller or a fart smeller?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X