Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Ambrosie Road Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Senor Dependable coming up... LOL
    I thought you were talking about Senior Dependables ....

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

I thought you were talking about Senior Dependables ....
      I would need those if I participated in the Rod Blech Blackout BIngo

Comment

Originally posted by Riderfan View Post

I hope you are correct about the stated CFL logic for the purpose of International football involvement. If the Ratio is impacted though there could be a reduction of currently relatively costly Canadian players. This could reduce player salaries. There of course is always intended and less intended consequences. We will see how all of this evolves.
        Revenue streams are limited in Canada, outside our borders there is a greater chance to bring in sponsors. Landing a Mexican TV contract has made this endeavor well worth it in expanding our game.

I cant see any reduction in player salaries when every indication is that we will see a pretty good increase in the minimum salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Revenue streams are limited in Canada, outside our borders there is a greater chance to bring in sponsors. Landing a Mexican TV contract has made this endeavor well worth it in expanding our game.

I cant see any reduction in player salaries when every indication is that we will see a pretty good increase in the minimum salary.
          What do you anticipate that increase to be? Will it jump to the speculated $70k? Im guessing, and totally a guess, theyll land on $65k - which is a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

What do you anticipate that increase to be? Will it jump to the speculated $70k? Im guessing, and totally a guess, theyll land on $65k - which is a bit better.
            I am saying for the $70K target for minimum salary the SMS will need to rise at a minimum of $350K but probably $400K. I am basing that on 25 players making minimum salary. I would imagine that teams would have a better idea of how many guys are between the $54 and 69K mark right now.

I am thinking that $70K mark is some physiological barrier since that is what the AAF came in at.

I wonder if the union presses for a mark for 2nd year players and I can see the league going with $65K for minimum salary and maybe $70K for 2nd year in the league. If the they come out with $70K minimum salary I dont see any increase for the first couple of years of contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post

No, it came from Orridge the no off season bonus originally, and if you think there is any chance of a strike I got some magic beans to sell you as well
              Orridge suggested it. Ambrosie could have kiboshed It quite easily but chose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Senor Dependable coming up... LOL
                Click image for larger version

Name:	laughs-in-mexican-41449525.png
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	419100

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post

Orridge suggested it. Ambrosie could have kiboshed It quite easily but chose not to.
                  The owners chose not to.

Comment

I am saying for the $70K target for minimum salary the SMS will need to rise at a minimum of $350K but probably $400K. I am basing that on 25 players making minimum salary. I would imagine that teams would have a better idea of how many guys are between the $54 and 69K mark right now.

I am thinking that $70K mark is some physiological barrier since that is what the AAF came in at.

I wonder if the union presses for a mark for 2nd year players and I can see the league going with $65K for minimum salary and maybe $70K for 2nd year in the league. If the they come out with $70K minimum salary I dont see any increase for the first couple of years of contract.
                    The interesting thing about raising the minimum is goign to be an overall increase over time. By this I mean, guys that were makign close to 70k already aren't goign to want to stay at 70k when a rookie fresh from college can sign a contract for 70k as well... So you'd have to assume that most sub 100k salaries would see some sort of boost as well.. likely 5-15k i'd think. But where does the line get drawn...

Hypothetical team A (46 players): players at minimum (56k) - 25, players at min + ~10000 (57k-66k) - 5, Players at minimum + ~25k (67k-81k)- 5 , Players at min + ~50k (82k - 106k) - 4, Players at min + 100k (107k +) - 7

To raise that to 70k would mean raising more that just 25 salaries, it would be upwards of 35 salaries, and that's only to get people to minimum, as I said before there would be a trickle effect in that each other person negotiating would want a relative increase as well.. minimum goes up 14k, so most salaries should follow suit, right? meaning you are looking likely more like : 35 players @ 14k increase + 11 players looking for an increase as well lets go with $7k.

That would be an increase of 490k + 77k = 567k salary increase, or 80% of a Mike Reilly season....

The thing i'd find interesting with that, would be an increase in cap of 450k but that all going towards minimum salaries... you need ot think that would put teams like the Lions and schmoes in a REALLY bad spot this season cap wise... they spent a lot on QB and supporting crew, makes you wonder how they can afford it even prior to any increases....

if toronto had landed Bo Levi at their 800k+ offer, i'd bet we would have seen some sort of the "marquise" player exemption brought back in to save them from themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

The interesting thing about raising the minimum is goign to be an overall increase over time. By this I mean, guys that were makign close to 70k already aren't goign to want to stay at 70k when a rookie fresh from college can sign a contract for 70k as well... So you'd have to assume that most sub 100k salaries would see some sort of boost as well.. likely 5-15k i'd think. But where does the line get drawn...

Hypothetical team A (46 players): players at minimum (56k) - 25, players at min + ~10000 (57k-66k) - 5, Players at minimum + ~25k (67k-81k)- 5 , Players at min + ~50k (82k - 106k) - 4, Players at min + 100k (107k +) - 7

To raise that to 70k would mean raising more that just 25 salaries, it would be upwards of 35 salaries, and that's only to get people to minimum, as I said before there would be a trickle effect in that each other person negotiating would want a relative increase as well.. minimum goes up 14k, so most salaries should follow suit, right? meaning you are looking likely more like : 35 players @ 14k increase + 11 players looking for an increase as well lets go with $7k.

That would be an increase of 490k + 77k = 567k salary increase, or 80% of a Mike Reilly season....

The thing i'd find interesting with that, would be an increase in cap of 450k but that all going towards minimum salaries... you need ot think that would put teams like the Lions and schmoes in a REALLY bad spot this season cap wise... they spent a lot on QB and supporting crew, makes you wonder how they can afford it even prior to any increases....

if toronto had landed Bo Levi at their 800k+ offer, i'd bet we would have seen some sort of the "marquise" player exemption brought back in to save them from themselves.
                      No matter what happens there will be players unhappy. There are players getting $70-75-80K that just won't get an increase if the minimum goes to $70k and that is just the way things will be for a couole of years.

Just cause Mike Reilly got a $200k increase doesnt mean that every player is getting a $200K increase.

Comment

No matter what happens there will be players unhappy. There are players getting $70-75-80K that just won't get an increase if the minimum goes to $70k and that is just the way things will be for a couole of years.

Just cause Mike Reilly got a $200k increase doesnt mean that every player is getting a $200K increase.
                        I agree with the top end side, but it is always more of a mess when dealing with minimums. The same way adjusting the minimum wage for the public works, I guess.

The thing it would be nice to see is a little more balance between the max and minimum. Like put a maximum on "guaranteed" money and have any additional dollars in the way of incentives.

Luc and Abou where talking about this on the Monday edition of the sportscage, and Abou hit it on the head... going from 200k to 215k is almost not even noticeable, even less at 300k or 400k, but going from 55k to 70k is a HUGE difference for those guys. just a percentage increase difference, while bieng the same hard number of funds.

I would hope that raising the minimum would see a curb to the ceiling for positions like QB... personally I feel 600k+ for a QB is just getting too excessive, unless 1/3rd is tied up all in high end incentives, like 30+ passing TDS, MOP, Grey Cup win, etc...

My worry is players are looking at the new league and seeing $$$ when they should be seeing the problems these promised $$$ are posing to these new leagues... Raise the minimum, but keep an eye to the future viability of the league and don't promise the moon, and not be able to deliver.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X