Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Ambrosie Road Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Ambrosie Road Show

Does anyone know about Ambrosie coming to Regina on Sunday? I thought he was supposed to but haven't seen anything about time or place so now am wondering if it is happening.

Sunday at 2:00.
    https://press.cfl.ca/commissioner-ra...ach-cfl-market

Comment

Yup itís happening Sunday at the Harvard lounge at the stadium

Comment

Seating is limited and you have to preregister to get tickets.

Comment

I would have been tempted to call this thread "The Randy Ambrosie Gong Show.", but I digress. It would be interesting to hear his latest spin on a number of topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridermania View Post
            Seating is limited and you have to preregister to get tickets.
            You can do that here.
            https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2019-ran...eid=4ef69e9c0c

Comment

Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post
              Thank you so much. I have registered so we'll go and see what he has to say.

Comment

I think he is supposed to make an appearance on the Monday Morning news show on CKCK TV too.

Comment

This is a great event. Kudos to the commish on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post
                    I think he is supposed to make an appearance on the Monday Morning news show on CKCK TV too.
                    And then dinner at the Brown Derby?
                    Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post

And then dinner at the Brown Derby?
                      I suppose if Burnsy is around to take a trip in the DeLorean.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdiehard View Post
                        I would have been tempted to call this thread "The Randy Ambrosie Gong Show.", but I digress. It would be interesting to hear his latest spin on a number of topics.
                        You do t like a Commish who is actually interested in his job and actually seen. First time in...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreegking View Post

You do t like a Commish who is actually interested in his job and actually seen. First time in...well...ever.
                          He talks a great game, however, his dictating of no signing bonuses for players, lack of meaningful action on player, and in particular qb safety, and his seemingly greater focus on "CFL 2.0" ahead of getting a CBA done with the players has me concerned about the direction of the league. The league has now seen the onset of $800,000 qbs, and there are new leagues draining the talent pool. There are attendance issues in Toronto, BC, and Montreal. There is a possibility of this season being disrupted due to the lack of a CBA. Ambrosie needs to focus on the issues at hand rather than increasing his AirMiles, IMO.

Comment

He talks a great game, however, his dictating of no signing bonuses for players, lack of meaningful action on player, and in particular qb safety, and his seemingly greater focus on "CFL 2.0" ahead of getting a CBA done with the players has me concerned about the direction of the league. The league has now seen the onset of $800,000 qbs, and there are new leagues draining the talent pool. There are attendance issues in Toronto, BC, and Montreal. There is a possibility of this season being disrupted due to the lack of a CBA. Ambrosie needs to focus on the issues at hand rather than increasing his AirMiles, IMO.
                            He didnít dictate the no signing bonus, and there is zero possibility of the season being disrupted because of the CBA.

Just because they need a new CBA doesnít mean thatís the only thing he can focus on, he is attempting to find new revenue stream for the league, seems like something a good commissioner should do

Comment

CFL is directly about dealing with attendance issues . Listen to the interview he did on 3rd down podcast. He also explains how the CBA works such as the key piece the players have to come to the league to start the negotiations not the other way around. That is how the collective bargaining is set up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X