Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation: Rod Pedersen takes on a PBP roll with TSN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My family sat in row 12 for over 30 years until the stairs became too much for Mom and then they moved down to the front row for the last years that she went.

Comment

• [QUOTE=TheMan;n412303]Well it would make sense.. he is the best play by play guy I've ever heard for the CFL... Have you heard some of the other teams Radio??? Bleccchhhh.. And he's 1000000X better than Rod Black. Actually makes a LOT of sense.[/QU

Pederson gone is GOOD RIDDANCE. After all the embarrassment he caused the organization. It's amazing he lasted as long as he did given such little interest he showed in actually studying and learning the game of football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprout View Post

I really liked Geoff but he's moved on from PbP. He has his own evening show on CJOB.
        He was always at pains to state that he was a journalist (and had the credentials to prove it) not a Rider cheerleader. I respected him for his objectivity.
        That was the best part about Courier. He said, "if you can tell which teams I cheer for, I'm not doing a very good job as s sports journalist".

Compare that to a guy like Scruffy whining on endlessly about "his" Seahawks & Oilers.

Sadly the days of guys like Courier in the sports biz are past

Comment

• I wonder if Podcast Ryan applied for the job? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

That would be Steve Brown 1998.
            Riders moving left to right on your radio dial.
            HAS-BEEN FORMER RIDERFANS PICKEM CHAMPEEN

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

That was the best part about Courier. He said, "if you can tell which teams I cheer for, I'm not doing a very good job as s sports journalist".

Compare that to a guy like Scruffy whining on endlessly about "his" Seahawks & Oilers.

Courier was 1rst class all the way! I can remember him with that quote more than once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

I don't see anything wrong for talk show hosts admitting which teams are their fav's. While doing play by play or colour that is a different story.

Comment

I really liked Geoff but he's moved on from PbP. He has his own evening show on CJOB.
                  He was always at pains to state that he was a journalist (and had the credentials to prove it) not a Rider cheerleader. I respected him for his objectivity.
                  Most team broadcast crews are homers...and I expect no different if I would happen to be listening to the Stamp's crew, Rider's crew, etc. For a national broadcast, I expect them to be impartial.

Comment

Geoff was an awesome play by play person and I also enjoyed his lack of bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post
                      I wonder if Podcast Ryan applied for the job? LOL
                      I would love to call in to some of those shows and ask him for some clarification on things he wrote on here. Seeing him squirm would bring some joy.

Comment

LOL about Scruffy. He and I had a real shouting match about ten years ago on the radio show. I called in to complain that some mountain of a man took up two seats in our bench seating in Section 11. We had to sit sideways and couldn't see past this mountain who did nothing but eat the whole time.

The producer screening my call asked me if I really wanted to say that. I didn't know that Scruffy was, shall we say, weight challenged, so I said "damned right".

Boy Blair went to town on me! I offered to change seats with him for a game. He declined.
                        How do you sit sideways on a bench? One leg on each side?

Speaking of mental images...
                        Is it May yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lotus View Post

I don't see anything wrong for talk show hosts admitting which teams are their fav's. While doing play by play or colour that is a different story.
                          I wouldn't even consider a guy like Scruffy Blair a professional broadcaster. Prob got the job because he is willing to work for peanuts certainly isn't his broadcasting skills!

Comment

• Originally posted by juice View Post

How do you sit sideways on a bench? One leg on each side?

Speaking of mental images...
                            It took some gymnastics. I wouldn't let my little niece sit beside him,so I'd have my right hip on the bench and my left foot on the concrete floor, bracing myself. I saw a lot more of him than I wanted to, lol.

I think his parents sat right behind but they were too smart to offer to change seats.

The only clear view we had was when the play was right in front of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ike View Post

I wouldn't even consider a guy like Scruffy Blair a professional broadcaster. Prob got the job because he is willing to work for peanuts certainly isn't his broadcasting skills!
                              The only knock I have against Mitch is that he can come across as being full of himself. That said he does live and breath sports and he knows what he is talking about.

Comment

• I think guys like Roddy, Scruffy and Ballsy are rad. They put a bit of personality into things, I love their local yokel charm, and that know the history and local slang. And yes, I enjoy their passionate homerism.

I will take them over some polished Toronto slick anyday.
                                Last edited by aberrant; 03-11-2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X