Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation: Rod Pedersen takes on a PBP roll with TSN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

You're 10 years out... it was over 30 years ago...
    It hasn't been that long, Rod did it for twenty years and there was one guy in between them for one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

X2

I actually dont mind Scruffy but Ballsy is a bridge too far!
      Iím opposite of you as well, I know Iím in the minority but I donít mind Michael Ball. Scruffy drives me nuts though.

Comment

• Originally posted by painter View Post

It hasn't been that long, Rod did it for twenty years and there was one guy in between them for one year.
        Geoff Courier was doing PbP in the late 80's. He was here from 1987 until 1998 so I guess it depends on which end you take the date from... LOL
        Last edited by Tyree; 03-09-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by painter View Post

That would be Steve Brown 1998.
          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

No recollection of him st all. I remember Jeff, but thought the Riders went to rod.

Comment

Geoff Courier was doing PbP in the late 80's. He was here from 1987 until 1998 so I guess it depends on which end you take the date from... LOL
              I really liked Geoff but he's moved on from PbP. He has his own evening show on CJOB.
              He was always at pains to state that he was a journalist (and had the credentials to prove it) not a Rider cheerleader. I respected him for his objectivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

Iím opposite of you as well, I know Iím in the minority but I donít mind Michael Ball. Scruffy drives me nuts though.
                LOL about Scruffy. He and I had a real shouting match about ten years ago on the radio show. I called in to complain that some mountain of a man took up two seats in our bench seating in Section 11. We had to sit sideways and couldn't see past this mountain who did nothing but eat the whole time.

The producer screening my call asked me if I really wanted to say that. I didn't know that Scruffy was, shall we say, weight challenged, so I said "damned right".

Boy Blair went to town on me! I offered to change seats with him for a game. He declined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprout View Post

LOL about Scruffy. He and I had a real shouting match about ten years ago on the radio show. I called in to complain that some mountain of a man took up two seats in our bench seating in Section 11. We had to sit sideways and couldn't see past this mountain who did nothing but eat the whole time.

The producer screening my call asked me if I really wanted to say that. I didn't know that Scruffy was, shall we say, weight challenged, so I said "damned right".

Boy Blair went to town on me! I offered to change seats with him for a game. He declined.
                  Ha. Fatsos sticking together. Kind of gross mental image...

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

Ha. Fatsos sticking together. Kind of gross mental image...
                    And that is what it was, lol. He really couldn't offer any solution to our obvious viewing discomfort, so he just yelled at me, lol. He had the microphone and the airwaves. I think I stopped calling in after that.

Comment

I canít remember when he made the switch, but 10 years ago it might have been The Drew Remenda Sports Show on CJME. Scruffy was enlightening us with his wheezing laugh there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

He left much to be desired.

Comment

I canít remember when he made the switch, but 10 years ago it might have been The Drew Remenda Sports Show on CJME. Scruffy was enlightening us with his wheezing laugh there.
                          That sounds about right ! I never minded whether he wheezed or not. And honestly Drew knew squat about football, but he was a congenial host.I think Blair was hosting this show that I called in on.I was mad because we got zero value from our seats because of the fatso.

Blair thought it was too bad so sad. I have not liked him since.

Comment

That sounds about right ! I never minded whether he wheezed or not. And honestly Drew knew squat about football, but he was a congenial host.I think Blair was hosting this show that I called in on.I was mad because we got zero value from our seats because of the fatso.

Blair thought it was too bad so sad. I have not liked him since.
                            LOL! Did you sit in the 2nd or 3rd row? I seem to remember a big dude sitting on the aisle seat of one of those rows.

Comment

Sarge from New York calling in to compare everything Riders with the Islanders.

Leanne line 1.......
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

LOL! Did you sit in the 2nd or 3rd row? I seem to remember a big dude sitting on the aisle seat of one of those rows.
                                It's so long ago that it's hard to remember. I had an adult and youth in Section 11, about 3 rows from the top and maybe seats 4 and 5. We were closest to the west grandstand and far from the aisle..I loved those seats until Tubby oozed in with all the social graces of a mollusk.

There was a large man in the aisle seat, but he didn't bother anyone because he could let one butt cheek spill into the stairway.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X