Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hank ranks the Riders as last in the CFL West

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC
    Calgary
    Edmonton
    Winnipeg
    Riders

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
      BC
      Calgary
      Edmonton
      Winnipeg
      Riders
      More or less my guesstimate as well.
      The only doubt is whether Calgary can continue to reload via the neg list in the era of the AAF and XFL.

Peg and Riders seem to be the teams with the weakest off season so far but we'll see what happens on the field.
      CBA please.

Comment

Calgary in 4th is more of a head scratcher to me.

Comment

I donít see how you canít rate the Riders last in the West right now based on the off season. Now start of the season is a long ways away and most teams are an injury away from being in big trouble so things can change fast.

Edmonton had Reilly and top WRís last year and they never even made the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
            Not surprising coming from a quarterback that believes he was the sole reason his team ever won.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbiddy View Post
              I donít see how you canít rate the Riders last in the West right now based on the off season. Now start of the season is a long ways away and most teams are an injury away from being in big trouble so things can change fast.

Edmonton had Reilly and top WRís last year and they never even made the playoffs.
              If you look at QB play from 2018, the Riders would be #5 compared to the other QBs in the west.

Comment

Originally posted by McGreen View Post

Not surprising coming from a quarterback that believes he was the sole reason his team ever won.
                And others were the sole reason his team ever lost.

Comment

On paper we are 5th, no question. But look around us. Wpg is very dependant on one player who is getting pretty long in the tooth for a RB. BC has Reilly etc, but as others have pointed out Esks had him and never even made the playoffs. Also getting long in the tooth. Esks have Harris who Ottawa basically walked away from. Stamps? On paper has meant nothing there for a very long time.

Comment

Well looking at the depth charts across the league itís hard to argue with Hank. This looks like a fifth place team.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                      BC
                      Calgary
                      Edmonton
                      Winnipeg
                      Riders
                      Those are my rankings as well.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
                        I think the image of status quo from last year is not a good one.

On defence we have a lot of the same players, which is good, but not coached by the guru we had last year, which causes at minimum some uncertainty about whether or not they can perform at last year's level again. I think they'll be good, but we won't be able to count on them to score as many points.

On offence, they were horrific last year, and we changed almost nothing, hoping that a change in the way they practice will be the difference maker. I can toally see why we would be picked to finish last.
                        Nobody on here or on the team said changing practice will be the difference maker. It has been said that changing the practice structure could help better prepare the offence.

Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

I seem to recall that in February 2018 many had the Eskimos in first, the Bombers last and the Stamps faltering.
                          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Calgary - still have Bo and will fill holes internally through their player pipeline.
                            BC - massive upgrade with Reilly. Strong along both lines.
                            SK - strong D mostly intact. Biggest question marks are ZC's heath and how does Shiver's do as DC? Powell could be great difference-maker and take pressure off QBs.
                            Edm - downgrade at QB and receiving corps. Lots of changes. Maas still questionable head coaching material.
                            Wpg - offensive line, linebacker, and DBs have taken a hit. Nicholls is nothing special.

Comment

Stamps
                              bombers
                              lions
                              esks
                              riders

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                                I seem to recall that in February 2018 many had the Eskimos in first, the Bombers last and the Stamps faltering.
                                Any predictions at this stage are dubious at best.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X