Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Canadian safety and Rider Elie Bouka waived by Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WilsonR View Post

4th starting OL, or just a reserve player?

I think we'd end up going import at MAC.
    Essentially it means maybe you don't have to develop a Canadian tackle $$$
    #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Essentially it means maybe you don't have to develop a Canadian tackle $$$
      A Canadian starting at any non-traditional position isn't cheap.

Comment

if he is healthy and we sign him he will be a starter. Players with his size and running a 40 in 4.3 is rare . I do expect his achillies tear will effect his speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

My mistake. Must be because they just let him out of his deal that had term as opposed to releasing him early like other FAs.

Regardless, point remains. The one plus an option is a better way to go about this.
          Its because he was released via the recently reinstated option window, which allows the team to retain his rights. (His grievance was that he should be allowed to use the option window even though he signed prior to them reinstating it)

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

Its because he was released via the recently reinstated option window, which allows the team to retain his rights. (His grievance was that he should be allowed to use the option window even though he signed prior to them reinstating it)
            Ok that makes sense. I hope makes it down there because it beats playing in the CFL but if he is released glad to know were the alternative. Hes got the potential to be a dmoninant, physical receiver in this league.

Comment

Ok that makes sense. I hope makes it down there because it beats playing in the CFL but if he is released glad to know were the alternative. Hes got the potential to be a dmoninant, physical receiver in this league.
              he isn't a receiver he is a DB according to my understanding. I see nothing in his past that indicates he was a receiver. With his size and speed he could play a number of positions on defence.

Comment

Originally posted by brady View Post

he isn't a receiver he is a DB according to my understanding. I see nothing in his past that indicates he was a receiver. With his size and speed he could play a number of positions on defence.
                I was replying to the comment around Williams-Lambert who is a receiver. Hes currently with Chicago but it released, as Safimod pointed out, would be ours.

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

I like that they reinstated that. I thought it was an egregious mistake to have taken it out in the first place. Having said that I think they made a mistake reinstating it in mid-season. They should have either made it come into effect with new contracts signed after the season or made it retroactive to include contracts signed before the season.

Comment

Id be really pleased if we can land Bouka. The injuries would be a little concerning but talk about giving us options with the ratio. Wow.

Comment

I was replying to the comment around Williams-Lambert who is a receiver. Hes currently with Chicago but it released, as Safimod pointed out, would be ours.
                      Sorry.One has to read the previous posts to stay on track.

Comment

Cmon down!

Comment

Originally posted by brady View Post

Sorry.One has to read the previous posts to stay on track.
                          All good. Threads go sideways often lol.

Comment

Hope Bouka chooses to return - we could use some roster flexibility

Comment

Elie gives us some flexibility if we can land him. The question for is can he play the position at the pro level, he didn't get much opportunity his last stint here. Maybe they can convert him to Safety. He could end up better than anyone we have had in the last 3 years at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by mikejth View Post
                                Elie gives us some flexibility if we can land him. The question for is can he play the position at the pro level, he didn't get much opportunity his last stint here. Maybe they can convert him to Safety. He could end up better than anyone we have had in the last 3 years at the position.
                                Its a worthy question. And can he stay healthy? Its not like he forced his way into the starting lineup in a half season in his stint here. And Annes was not afraid to play people with zero weeks under their belt. So.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X