Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Steele - Not Returning to Riders - May Retire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Steele - Not Returning to Riders - May Retire

Eddie Steele hasconfirmed that although Rider Nation won his heart, he will not be returning to the Green and White.

His after football career is sending him to Edmonton, where he'll be taking on a business venture alongside his father.

The only team he'll consider playing for this year, would be Edmonton, based on those specific reasons.

He's planting his family there this spring, and should Edmonton offer a reasonable contract, he would consider it, however, he's very content with his 9 year career in the CFL, and is ready to move on to the next stage of his life.

• Clambake
    replied
    I always thought he was solid but not a six figure plus ratio breaker. I think his decision not to return might have given us the extra money to sign Johnson.

Good luck Eddie on what life brings you next.

Leave a comment:

• Dreegking
    replied
    Originally posted by Ridermania View Post
    Eddie Steele hasconfirmed that although Rider Nation won his heart, he will not be returning to the Green and White.

His after football career is sending him to Edmonton, where he'll be taking on a business venture alongside his father.

The only team he'll consider playing for this year, would be Edmonton, based on those specific reasons.

He's planting his family there this spring, and should Edmonton offer a reasonable contract, he would consider it, however, he's very content with his 9 year career in the CFL, and is ready to move on to the next stage of his life.
    Best wishes to him. Solid.

Leave a comment:

• smilingsandra
    replied
    Let me guess which Facebook page

Leave a comment:

• Greenforever
    replied
    It was great to have you as part of Rider Nation Eddie. Best of luck to you in your future endeavours. You are always welcome here.

Leave a comment:

• Hambone
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnum View Post
    Who will back up Evans?
    Who will back up Evans? Never mid that who will back up the OL???? Oh wait a minute new regime.

Leave a comment:

• RAJ47
    replied
    Steele had great versatility, was awesome in the locker room and amazing in the community.

Good Luck, Eddie!!

Leave a comment:

• ONE ARMED BANDIT
    replied
    Originally posted by smilingsandra View Post
    Do you have a source on this news? I just checked out his twitter and there's nothing. His last Instagram post has a photo and states 9 years of it to which Jordan Reaves replied "1 more!".
    It was a Facebook post yesterday. The guy who posted it said he had a conversation with Eddie.

Leave a comment:

• WilsonR
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnum View Post
    Who will back up Evans?
    Mak Henry. At least, I suspect that's the plan.

Lots of responses before mine. Sorry!

(Just tyring to get my post count to 1000)

Leave a comment:

• Bowl450
    replied
    Eddie Steele, best of Luck in your new buisiness venture with your dad,

Leave a comment:

• Lotus
    replied
    Originally posted by smilingsandra View Post
    Do you have a source on this news? I just checked out his twitter and there's nothing. His last Instagram post has a photo and states 9 years of it to which Jordan Reaves replied "1 more!".
    It aint true until 3downnation.com says so

Leave a comment:

• Tyree
    replied
    Originally posted by alaskafan View Post

Yeah he was fairly young last year and might have had a bit of baby fat on him and not in cfl shape
    Currently listed at 6'2", 330lbs. Big boy!

Leave a comment:

• alaskafan
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post
    I was hoping we would try Adessi at DT.
    Yeah he was fairly young last year and might have had a bit of baby fat on him and not in cfl shape

Leave a comment:

• Rocket 88
    replied
    Best of luck to Eddie Steele. He did what was asked of him and he did it well. Very versatile player

Leave a comment:

• Rocket 88
    replied
    I was hoping we would try Adessi at DT.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...