Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Steele - Not Returning to Riders - May Retire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Steele - Not Returning to Riders - May Retire

Eddie Steele hasconfirmed that although Rider Nation won his heart, he will not be returning to the Green and White.

His after football career is sending him to Edmonton, where he'll be taking on a business venture alongside his father.

The only team he'll consider playing for this year, would be Edmonton, based on those specific reasons.

He's planting his family there this spring, and should Edmonton offer a reasonable contract, he would consider it, however, he's very content with his 9 year career in the CFL, and is ready to move on to the next stage of his life.

Well I guess Que Sera Sera !
    Thanks for your service Eddie !!

Comment

Good guy, good at filling multiple roles .... also impressed me with his work surrounding the Broncos tragedy. Good luck Eddie!

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
        Good guy, good at filling multiple roles .... also impressed me with his work surrounding the Broncos tragedy. Good luck Eddie!
        Agree , all the best Mr. Steele with whatever you take on.

Comment

Always reliable, and certainly impressed with all the work he did in and with the community.
          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Had a real solid career and a good guy as well.
            Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

Great guy, great attitude. Did whatever was asked of him. Never have enough guys like that on your team. Good luck Eddie..

Comment

I am betting he will receive some calls once the injuries start to happen to DTs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post
                  I am betting he will receive some calls once the injuries start to happen to DTs.
                  I would have signed Steele ahead of Henry without any doubt, so I am hoping he had made this decision and the team knew about prior to the signing

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper View Post

I would have signed Steele ahead of Henry without any doubt, so I am hoping he had made this decision and the team knew about prior to the signing
                    Maybe another guy that decided he didn't want to come back after CJ left.

Comment

I don't think that story has any legs. None. People do what's best for them
                      Last edited by Ripper; 02-17-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I highly doubt it based on his statement and the fact that he was still in Regina.
                        #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

I think Eddie's decision has something to do with the nuclear testing in New Mexico that created the black lodge...
                          Last edited by THE RULK; 02-17-2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a great community guy. I wish him the best of luck in his business venture!

Comment

Who will back up Evans?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X