Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jovon Johnson hints at issues in the Riders locker room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmurph View Post

Does it not come down to whether one believes there was and is " problems " with the Riders under Jones and company any more or in fact any less than other pro sports organizations ? Riders improved under Jones football ops which IMO isn't in question , the rest of the public comments made by anyone with out the facts of the internal workings does nothing at all for the team as a solution if indeed there are issues beyond " normal " human nature dysfunction.
    Having a group of over 50 people and thinking everyone is going to get along swimmingly is sheer bloody nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Having a group of over 50 people and thinking everyone is going to get along swimmingly is sheer bloody nonsense.
      " Over 50 " is that in age or........

Comment

Originally posted by Oldguard View Post
        Dreegking may have made some valid points. I just won't know until I can find someone to translate that gibberish into English.
        You need to learn a little Mandarin ...

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

You need to learn a little Mandarin ...
          My favorite Mandarin is oranges...

Comment

Jovon Johnson joined our co-host Alex for a chat this morning, to talk about his career, joining Defiance College and about locker room distractions.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-rhnya-a82605

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Iím sure you lit up like a kid on Christmas when you saw this thread.
              Not sure what you took offense to in what I said. But I guess when you don't drink the Jones koolaid you can look at things without green coloured glasses. As I have said before, Jones just like CC or Austin or Miller or Barrett, they are just a person once they leave the team continues. I cheer for the team and not the individual but I can see how a koolaid drinker can't separate HC / GM and the team.

Comment

Originally posted by pmurph View Post

the bolded , no there isn't and I think most folks strive for that ...... but to me this is different , if JJ believes he needs to be a "whistle blower" then he should be that with facts and whole statements if that is the direction he takes. He will and maybe has caused more eyebrow raising and fan involvement of criticizing others in the organization and some who have left over what ?? Riders need a unified team and fan base , things like this don't help anyone and don't solve any actual issues within the team , leadership will do that more than these kinds of statement by those moving on .

Folks can pick their nose , and pick their friends , but.....you can't pick your friends nose .
                Interesting that you say there is a need for an unified fan base, fans will support who they want and how they want. Players are paid to go out and play, if they are worried about what the fans think then there is something wrong. Jones certainly didn't worry about what the fans or media thought, he had a game pan for the team and stuck to it. When players and / or coaches leave, they should feel free to be open.

Additionally, what was going on in the rider locker room, likely wasn't just known by only the rider players. Other teams would know about it as well, they would know where the dysfunction was. Players talk all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mikejth View Post

Not sure what you took offense to in what I said. But I guess when you don't drink the Jones koolaid you can look at things without green coloured glasses. As I have said before, Jones just like CC or Austin or Miller or Barrett, they are just a person once they leave the team continues. I cheer for the team and not the individual but I can see how a koolaid drinker can't separate HC / GM and the team.
                  Thatís funny because I have never seen you once talk about actual football or the team just b!tch about the administration you donít like and take runs at people who back those administrations. You are definitely a name on the door guy.
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Thatís funny because I have never seen you once talk about actual football or the team just b!tch about the administration you donít like and take runs at people who back those administrations. You are definitely a name on the door guy.
                    Whereas Mustard Tiger has been more of a universal regime supporter, regardless of whose butt cheeks were occupying the chair.

Comment

Interesting that you say there is a need for an unified fan base, fans will support who they want and how they want. Players are paid to go out and play, if they are worried about what the fans think then there is something wrong. Jones certainly didn't worry about what the fans or media thought, he had a game pan for the team and stuck to it. When players and / or coaches leave, they should feel free to be open.

Additionally, what was going on in the rider locker room, likely wasn't just known by only the rider players. Other teams would know about it as well, they would know where the dysfunction was. Players talk all the time.
                      Like sands through the hourglass...ffs who cares...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I know you are Jones' koolaid drinker so the only thing you watch for is if his name comes up in any context you don't like. Then as the grand defender you leap into action. You don't like when people make comments against your guy, you certainly aren't above taking being a name on the door guy when it is Hoppy or Taman or someone you don't like.

If you read many of my posts, you will see I have supported a number of decisions Jones made. I usually always post after games win, lose or draw, I talk about what I observed and what I thought worked well and what didn't. But then again doing so honestly with being influenced by the koolaid isn't that difficult.

But I guess drinking the koolaid clouds your memory....you can move on, isn't time for you take another sip of koolaid.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                          Unless he was joking that comment about ďGordy was pretty badĒ. Trying to read between the lines the fact that told the teammates to rise above it would indicate he doesnít think the issues left with CJ
                          Is any workplace perfect though?

People say lots of stuff when they are leaving vs before

Comment

New Head Coach, new team mates, new locker room but I am not buying into the idea that we had any issue beyond normal friction that can happen in a competitive environment.

Comment

Sounds like Jovon is just being p!ssy because he got benched.... nothing more nothing less. True professionals don't throw shade after they leave.
                              Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

Comment

I was never a koolaid drinker so youíre out to lunch as per usual.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X