Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders signed WR Emmanuel Arceneaux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
    If JWL doesnt make the NFL it would be awesome if he came back to us , but probably one of the big teams gets him , Edm BC Cal or Tor . That is what Im afraid of
    Didn't he appeal for an option year window and got it. Wouldn't that mean he would be Rider property if he comes back

    edit - looks like we do retain his rights for this year

    Comment


    • Originally posted by greenandwhitesince82 View Post

      We definitely do not retain his rights. He was released outright to pursue opportunities in the NFL. He might feel some sense of loyalty to us, but he is not contractually obligated to sign with us.
      We definitely do retain J-Will's rights.

      Comment


      • This feels like another Jamal Richardson type signing, a good player past his prime who will be on the six game after the first or second game he plays, or that defensive player from Montreal who got a concussion during the first game and never played again, can't remember his name.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by thebryceisright View Post
          This feels like another Jamal Richardson type signing, a good player past his prime who will be on the six game after the first or second game he plays, or that defensive player from Montreal who got a concussion during the first game and never played again, can't remember his name.
          Shea Emery.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by thebryceisright View Post
            This feels like another Jamal Richardson type signing, a good player past his prime who will be on the six game after the first or second game he plays, or that defensive player from Montreal who got a concussion during the first game and never played again, can't remember his name.
            Richardson started game 1 hobbling his way onto the finished list by game 4.

            You are thinking of Shea Emery. The contract Taman trades for when a year previous he said was too high.

            I see your point but IMO this is more comparable to Owens where the team knows he won't be ready until the midway point. I think he is on the downhill slide and the shell of his former self and would have signed someone else, but going to give O'Day the benefit of the doubt on this one that he hasn't gone full Taman on us.
            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

              Richardson started game 1 hobbling his way onto the finished list by game 4.

              You are thinking of Shea Emery. The contract Taman trades for when a year previous he said was too high.

              I see your point but IMO this is more comparable to Owens where the team knows he won't be ready until the midway point. I think he is on the downhill slide and the shell of his former self and would have signed someone else, but going to give O'Day the benefit of the doubt on this one that he hasn't gone full Taman on us.
              Its better than when Shivers signed Anthony Mclanahan. The Stamps wanted nothing to do with him after his neck injury. We sign him and he injured the neck again st the start of training camp - in a team meeting! We paid him the full season.

              there has been a few older vets that made out OK though. Travis Moore and Fred Childress were good pickups.
              Last edited by Fullhouse; 02-19-2019, 11:23 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                Richardson started game 1 hobbling his way onto the finished list by game 4.

                You are thinking of Shea Emery. The contract Taman trades for when a year previous he said was too high.

                I see your point but IMO this is more comparable to Owens where the team knows he won't be ready until the midway point. I think he is on the downhill slide and the shell of his former self and would have signed someone else, but going to give O'Day the benefit of the doubt on this one that he hasn't gone full Taman on us.
                Or is it more like the defensive lineman from Hamilton a couple of years ago who never played a snap for us?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by go riders View Post

                  Or is it more like the defensive lineman from Hamilton a couple of years ago who never played a snap for us?
                  Eric Norwood? He did get in couple games in 2016

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Murphy View Post

                    Eric Norwood? He did get in couple games in 2016
                    Did he? He must have been so impressive I forgot.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by go riders View Post

                      Did he? He must have been so impressive I forgot.
                      He was no Aaron Fariooz

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

                        Its better than when Shivers signed Anthony Mclanahan. The Stamps wanted nothing to do with him after his neck injury. We sign him and he injured the neck again st the start of training camp - in a team meeting! We paid him the full season.

                        there has been a few older vets that made out OK though. Travis Moore and Fred Childress were good pickups.
                        How does one injury their neck in a team meeting? lol!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AckAttack View Post

                          How does one injury their neck in a team meeting? lol!
                          Likely fell asleep

                          Comment


                          • Manny is going to be on the green zone at 330 today
                            Ya friggin Pigeon

                            Comment


                            • If you have seen any of his work out videos on Facebook youd have a hard time believing that he wont be back at the start of the season. He looks like hes in amazing shape .

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rileysrompers View Post
                                If you have seen any of his work out videos on Facebook youd have a hard time believing that he wont be back at the start of the season. He looks like hes in amazing shape .
                                On the green zone he figures he'll be back sooner, but didn't get into specifics.
                                Ya friggin Pigeon

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X