Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders signed WR Emmanuel Arceneaux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hihocarp View Post
    is this confirmed? About Manny not playing till labour day.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

I think one of the important things for a receiver is getting the timing down and getting in sync with the QB and training camp very much helps with that. In this case Manny is starting out with a new team, offense and quarterback. We shall see how it all pans out.
      It can definitely be a challenge not only for the receiver but the team. Chris Williams really never got traction in the BC offense when he came off the IR in the middle of 2017. I think that was as much on the team as the player. The Lions seemed to struggle to find a way to fit him into their scheme. Williams was worked in as a wideout and was a considerably different type of athlete than anybody the Lions had in that position for the first half of the season.
      The combination of the type of game Manny plays and slotback position should be easier to integrate.
      Williams relied on speed to get his small frame space. Manny is more like a power forward in hockey or basketball. He's far from a burner and relies on size and strength to get his advantage.

Comment

• One thing I just find personally frustrating...and Rider talk in general not just here. So I hear how bad our receivers were last year and I agree there were growing pains with new guys and there is no guarantee they will take a step up in year 2 but I want them to have that chance. Now we have 2 vets in Rosie and Manny I hear the exact same people question if this the path to sustained success...signing guys over 30. Aargh! Pick a **** lane and stay in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

...Would be perfect timing... As we make our push for the crossover playoff slot....

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
            One thing I just find personally frustrating...and Rider talk in general not just here. So I hear how bad our receivers were last year and I agree there were growing pains with new guys and there is no guarantee they will take a step up in year 2 but I want them to have that chance. Now we have 2 vets in Rosie and Manny I hear the exact same people question if this the path to sustained success...signing guys over 30. Aargh! Pick a **** lane and stay in it.
            I have been OK with Rosie and Manny but I don't think we need to add a third greybeard (Dressler). We need to let our young guys (for Scuba Steve!) get in there and learn and contribute too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

From what I have read a line in the 3 Down article saying “odds are he won’t be ready” has taken legs. I could be wrong if more has been said elsewhere

Comment

One thing I just find personally frustrating...and Rider talk in general not just here. So I hear how bad our receivers were last year and I agree there were growing pains with new guys and there is no guarantee they will take a step up in year 2 but I want them to have that chance. Now we have 2 vets in Rosie and Manny I hear the exact same people question if this the path to sustained success...signing guys over 30. Aargh! Pick a **** lane and stay in it.
                ...Rookie GM n all...Go with what you know???.....
                ...A safety net of aging vets...Until one gets his raw GM skills stabilized n grounded...

Comment

• There is nothing saying signing these vets doesn’t mean recruitment drops off the map.
                  Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by MidNite Rider View Post

...Rookie GM n all...Go with what you know???.....
                    ...A safety net of aging vets...Until one gets his raw GM skills stabilized n grounded...
                    ...O'days 1st UFA trial... Has the aroma of a guy tentatively playing it safe...

Comment

From what I have read a line in the 3 Down article saying “odds are he won’t be ready” has taken legs. I could be wrong if more has been said elsewhere
                      He looks to be moving pretty well in his IG workout videos. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                        There is nothing saying signing these vets doesn’t mean recruitment drops off the map.
                        No kidding. We can cut vets before Labour Day. These signings help ensure that we don't get stuck with the likes of Terrence Nunn on the field in week 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpridernut View Post

I am not on Instagram. Do you know how to post them on here or even a link?

Comment

• Originally posted by gpridernut View Post

...Rumor has it...Those vids are doctored...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

I have been OK with Rosie and Manny but I don't think we need to add a third greybeard (Dressler). We need to let our young guys (for Scuba Steve!) get in there and learn and contribute too.
                              The thing is Manny and Dressler know what it takes to stay playing this level of football

2018 we had receivers that were out of their element . And I am ecstatic we are attempting to add that missing element for however long it may be

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                                There is nothing saying signing these vets doesn’t mean recruitment drops off the map.
                                ...Geez... One would hope not... That would be pretty shortsighted....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X