Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders signed WR Emmanuel Arceneaux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mfranc View Post

The amount of wear and tear is a bigger deal than age. At 28 he still seems to have a lot left.
    He played 1 season

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

He played 1 season
      One season in the CFL. He didnít graduate college at 26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

One season in the CFL. He didnít graduate college at 26.
        Meh ! Iíd be more worried about Manny then Shaq

Comment

• ....Hmmm...Manny eh....Trust the process....Right???...

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

Meh ! Iíd be more worried about Manny then Shaq
            Oh, so the same as everyone else feels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Evans will be alright.
              If he can consistently hang on to the ball, he'll be more than that. He's got all the other tools

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Oh, so the same as everyone else feels.
                Sure, Shaq is still young , lots of miles left in him yet , Manny is still good , yes , but has had his share of injuries . Hope he can stay healthy

Comment

• This is a good signing if he took a hair cut from last season. Age and coming off a major knee injury to the one that was previously reconstructed does mean there are some questions. We don't need another Williams or Gaydosh sitting for the season.

Comment

• I would think Manny came at a reasonable price, given his injury history. So, Rosie and Manny for not much more than it cost TO for Derel Walker?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenandwhitesince82 View Post

I hope he gets the same results too, but Geroy was 38 when he played for us. Manny is 31. As I said before, SJ Green had a torn ACL when he was 31 and the next year in his age 32 season he put up more than 1400 yards. I have far greater expectations for Manny than to provide us with what Geroy did.
                      I am hoping for the same end of season result.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

Going back to my earlier post about players returning in mid-season I think in both Bagg and Nichols benefited from returning in time to participate in full training camps. Bagg was always there to open the season following his knee surgeries. Nichols tore his ACL in the first exhibition game in 2013 but was back for start of training camp. Unfortunately by that time Reilly had a stranglehold on the starting job. His knee injury in the middle of camp last year kept him sidelined for the first 4 games but it didn't require surgery.

I guess I'm a firm believer in how important training camps are be it for players returning from injury or those holding out regardless of sport. It's maybe even more important in this era where practices between games are few and contact is not allowed. It's a lot tougher to get into "game shape" than it ever was before.
                        I think one of the important things for a receiver is getting the timing down and getting in sync with the QB and training camp very much helps with that. In this case Manny is starting out with a new team, offense and quarterback. We shall see how it all pans out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post
                          I would think Manny came at a reasonable price, given his injury history. So, Rosie and Manny for not much more than it cost TO for Derel Walker?
                          Manny's previous injuries did affect is playing time all that much. Last year was the first that he didn't play a 15 or more games in a season since he has been in the CFL. It is just that he damaged the same knee he did in2014

Comment

• Manny has good hands. I'm sure he came cheap. If he can get back on the field there is no doubt he can help us. Looking back on last years team. O'Day is looking to keep Collaros healthy by running the ball, Powell. Saving qb's *** and blocking for Powell, Lavoie. Receivers that can actually run the correct route, Manny, Watson. Watson also is a good blocker. The offense was so bad on many levels last year, I think we are going back to a more traditional approach this year and we will have a lot more success doing so.

Comment

Zach throwing to Rosie and Manny. The training staff shouldn't be bored.
                              I am hoping that is not the case, LOL.

IF these 3 stay healthy.......we will have another great season.

Comment

Maybe McAdoo rubbed off on Jackson? Jarious seemed push an offense where the QBs were expected to get rid of the ball quick to receivers on shorter routes.
                                Unfortunately, QB's in BC and Sask struggled with health and efficiency. Too simplistic to just blame the OC's.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X