Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sky is not falling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe his potential is far above average, but he needs a solid year to prove it. Ask Micah if he found JSJ average last year.
    Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by commodore View Post
      As long as Hardaway is involved, this will be a long drawn out process for anyone who eventually signs JSJ.
      What other notable players does Hardaway represent?

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
        I believe his potential is far above average, but he needs a solid year to prove it. Ask Micah if he found JSJ average last year.
        As I said, he had flashes. That doesn't translate into all-star tackle money

Comment

Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

Someone more knowledgeable then me would have to answer that, Rider_Stronson?

Comment

Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

If I remember correctly, Matt O'Donnell was a Hardaway client

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

Godber, Behar was a client (don't know if he still is)

Comment

Originally posted by greenandwhitesince82 View Post

The entire west is tough to handicap. I can't imagine a scenario in which the Stamps aren't weaker this year. They were quite a bit better than everyone so maybe a weaker stamps is still better than the rest. BC scares the crap out of me. Edmonton lost Reilly and picked up Harris. They've lost a lot of good players and brought good players in as well. They felt like a team that was better than their record last year. Winnipeg lost some starters on D and they've added Jefferson who is dominant. Their offense is in tact. I think the Riders have done some good things in free agency. We lost Jones which will hurt the defense, but I think the offense will be better.

The west has parity. I feel bad for the team that finishes 5th and misses the playoffs.
                I really think both BC and Calgary are going to feel the sting of sinking 700K in one player. I just don't think they will be able to field a good team with that much tied up. With BC I could see them coming out strong, but I predict they will have very thin depth and fade down the stretch once they get a few injuries. I see Calgary's overall talent level taking a big hit from last year. I think they'll replace most of their free agent vets with rookies to make up for the 3-400K extra Bo is getting this year. That has got to decrease the overall talent level of that team. Especially at the beginning of the season when all those rookies are learning the game

Comment

Originally posted by Green81 View Post

I really think both BC and Calgary are going to feel the sting of sinking 700K in one player. I just don't think they will be able to field a good team with that much tied up. With BC I could see them coming out strong, but I predict they will have very thin depth and fade down the stretch once they get a few injuries. I see Calgary's overall talent level taking a big hit from last year. I think they'll replace most of their free agent vets with rookies to make up for the 3-400K extra Bo is getting this year. That has got to decrease the overall talent level of that team. Especially at the beginning of the season when all those rookies are learning the game
                  It will be interesting although the Riders were apparently prepared to make it work by offering more to Bovine that what he settled for in Calgary (so the story goes)
                  ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

There is a definite fear of the unknown going into this year (and beyond). How will O'Day and Dickenson do with their promotions? Will the offence look different without Jones being the head guy and being in charge of overall strategy? How will we do without Jones as DC? Will the d-line be as good, worse, or about the same but in a different way with Jefferson out and Johnson in. Will Collaros bounce back health and / or performance wise?
                    I guess one thing about the QB situation that is frustrating as Rider fans is we have faced those same questions going into the season at the QB position since the Grey Cup year.

Comment

There will be a lot of good players, at a reasonable price, available with the collapse of the AAF if they keep up at this pace. It may happen sooner then later.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                        There is a definite fear of the unknown going into this year (and beyond). How will O'Day and Dickenson do with their promotions? Will the offence look different without Jones being the head guy and being in charge of overall strategy? How will we do without Jones as DC? Will the d-line be as good, worse, or about the same but in a different way with Jefferson out and Johnson in. Will Collaros bounce back health and / or performance wise?
                        I guess one thing about the QB situation that is frustrating as Rider fans is we have faced those same questions going into the season at the QB position since the Grey Cup year.
                        I would say the Riders QB situation was just fine until Banjo Bowl, 2014 when it became apparent there was squat behind DD for depth.
                        ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

If he was O'Day will have seen 2 different GMs negotiate with Hardaway.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

That was his other hold out I couldn't think of. Who was the fat lineman out of U of Calgary that didn't want to sign with BC either. Fabien?

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Hairclub for Ladies?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...