Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sky is not falling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sky is not falling

It's time to put the pitchforks away and give Jeremy O'Day, Paul Jones, et all do the job they were hired to do.

http://pifflespodcast.com/blog/relax...y-isnt-falling

I hope that a few of the Henny Penny types here will read this and stop freaking out. Good blog post.
    Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

Comment

Safimod said it much more politely than I did a few times on here since Tues

Comment

From what I know I look forward to better things offensively.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Notwishstanding getting Bo back, Calgary has been decimated, especially on defence. They will not be as strong this year. We will be just as strong or better.

Comment

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post
            Notwishstanding getting Bo back, Calgary has been decimated, especially on defence. They will not be as strong this year. We will be just as strong or better.
            Not to mention BC is going to be an interesting case, A LOT of new pieces there with a new HC.... It could really go either way for them as well.

I honestly think Winnipeg is looking the most stable in the West this year, but with that said, they are still 1 injury away from having a MASSIVE issue on Offence.

For us, I think we will see our power house D running alot more Atypical plays, more blitzes, less 3 man rush and dropping into cover. All the other teams seemed to have great success just blitzing and getting pressure last season... and we seemed to like to play it safe at times and follow the bend, not brake model.... let them eat up the clock, and get 30 ish yards, then punt it or try for a long FG.... then our offence would come on and struggle to atleast match the oppositions progress on O.

Sometimes I think Jones' mad genius play calling hurt us in that we wouldn't do the blitz when we should, and other times it netted us some big Defensive plays. This season I suspect more consistent pressure from our front 4, resulting in more Int's from our DB's

Comment

Rosters are always a work in progress...for a variety of reasons...and we now seem to be in an age of one year and done contracts which makes it more and more frustratingly uncertain for fans...but as long as we still have Riders football to follow, watch, listen to, celebrate, bitch about, make predictions, invest in, and share with family and friends...I'm good...

Nice article Steve...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                From what I know I look forward to better things offensively.
                Anything you are able to share?

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post
                  It's time to put the pitchforks away and give Jeremy O'Day, Paul Jones, et all do the job they were hired to do.

http://pifflespodcast.com/blog/relax...y-isnt-falling
                  Good review. Maybe you meant WIL, not SAM, as biggest need? Moncrief is great at SAM, but replacing Egauvoen at WIL is now the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post
                    I will believe it when it happens. This gets said about the Stamps every off-season and Huff just reloads.i love his FA philosophy:

- sign your own guys first
                    - there are no bargains on Day 1 of FA
                    - if you want to be the highest-paid player at your position, go elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

Good review. Maybe you meant WIL, not SAM, as biggest need? Moncrief is great at SAM, but replacing Egauvoen at WIL is now the challenge.
                      We had the same issue going into camp in 2016 and guess who we found then? I have no reason to believe the group that found this player doesn't already have a replacement here for a guy they knew was likely leaving after last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

I will believe it when it happens. This gets said about the Stamps every off-season and Huff just reloads.i love his FA philosophy:

If you don't over pay and recruit/draft well you can fit much more overall talent into the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

I'm kind of with you, I'll believe it when I see it. The caveat is that I don't recall Huff having to plug quite this many holes before.

Comment

Originally posted by lester View Post

I'm kind of with you, I'll believe it when I see it. The caveat is that I don't recall Huff having to plug quite this many holes before.
                            To me the only guy they will have a hard time replacing is Singleton due to rare combo of talent + passport. I'm sure Huff has guys identified for all the other positions they lost. And locking Bo down ensures them 4 more years (barring injury or something unforeseen) of elite QBing

Comment

Originally posted by lester View Post

We had the same issue going into camp in 2016 and guess who we found then? I have no reason to believe the group that found this player doesn't already have a replacement here for a guy they knew was likely leaving after last season.
                              I hope you are correct. I wonder about Knox returning .....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X