Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Agent signings prediction thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or does anybody else have a bad feeling about this year's free agent signings? Or will O'Day do OK and am I freaking out for nothing?

Comment

Curious to see what JO does. This is his show now....needs to get off to a great start in free agency.

He also needs to get Willie under contract. He will demand big money and right fully so.

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

I don't know if they can play in another league will playing in the AAF. The might have an out in their contracts, but I think they is for the NFL though.
        They are free to sign in the CFL after their season.

Comment

Hey CRF Do we get a sticky just for signings?

OOps I see we have one..........my bad lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

They are free to sign in the CFL after their season.
            That's good. Although I don't know if any players are willing to do both. Maybe if they can swing a 1-year deal in the CFL unless we open bank for them. Then flip back and forth between the leagues. That's a good way to put a lot of miles on those knees though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

I believe we are going after a big name QB. Whether that bears fruit is another story entirely.

Riders have been quiet but I think part of that is a certain bigmouth is no longer with the franchise.
              It could be wishful thinking on my part but I am hoping that it's that we don't have guys talking to the media anymore. Of course if it's agents putting out these little tidbits thats not good for us

Comment

Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
                Curious to see what JO does. This is his show now....needs to get off to a great start in free agency.

He also needs to get Willie under contract. He will demand big money and right fully so.
                Him being an olineman and knowing the importance of keeping a QB upright makes me wonder if we go oline heavy...

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

That's the thing. If a guy is committed to testing the waters the only way to "lock him up" is blow up your salary structure and over-pay. I am sure for a figure like $ 240 or $250 K Willie would have been convinced to forego free agency. Is that worth it?
                  Hard to do that if you are planning to bid on a big name quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz View Post
                    Is it just me or does anybody else have a bad feeling about this year's free agent signings? Or will O'Day do OK and am I freaking out for nothing?
                    It's way too early to freak out my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz View Post
                      I am right there with ya...I have a bad feeling about today
                      Simply amazing Riders...Simply...Facking...Amazing!

Comment

I too am a little freaked out.... no QB, lots of D power gone to NFL or still unsigned and rumoured to be heading elsewhere.

Offensive power is currently zero... canít expect Thigpen to carry a team in his like 13th season of football. Receivers are all rookies, could be some gems - but no proven big names.

Need some good signings or we are in trouble fighting for 4th crossover with deadmonton.

Comment

O'Day's strategy just might be to let all the other teams overpay on imports while he scoops up some good Canadians and budget players. Or maybe he's going after the big fish and we're just not hearing about it. It's early guys!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X