Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Agent signings prediction thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

why on earth would WD sign a one day deal with the riders ? the team that kicked him to the curb ?
    No, it's the team that didn't pay him more than he was worth. The team he signed with didn't pay him that much either

Comment

Originally posted by McGreen View Post

It's hard to lock someone up who doesn't want to be locked up.
      That's the thing. If a guy is committed to testing the waters the only way to "lock him up" is blow up your salary structure and over-pay. I am sure for a figure like $ 240 or $250 K Willie would have been convinced to forego free agency. Is that worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

That's the thing. If a guy is committed to testing the waters the only way to "lock him up" is blow up your salary structure and over-pay. I am sure for a figure like $ 240 or $250 K Willie would have been convinced to forego free agency. Is that worth it?
        He's worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post

He needs to be aggressive if he isn’t he runs the risk of losing out on the QBs and losing a guy like Jefferson, that wouldn’t be acceptable
          If he allows Jefferson to walk because of money then he isnt off to a very good start in his GM career! You need star power to win and if we arnt paying the big money for a qb then there is no reason in hell that we cant offer maybe the best def. player in the league the money that will keep him here. If we want to go with a bunch of average Joe's then that is the kind of team we will have in the win department as well. Thats not acceppable in my books anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

IMWT says that he has been wrong many times lately. Should we trust a Farhan says...?
            Damn. Now I don't know who to trust. If IMWT says Farhan is a liar, then I have to believe him. He's never lead me astray before.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Gets away with what? He hasn't signed anyone. Just because the Lions are interested in 10 players it doesn't mean they will sign them all. It's like a wish list. But just like at Christmas time, you make choices based on what you can afford and what is available. Once you sign x player, another player or two falls off your list.
              Doesnt matter if someone signs or not, just communicating with a player or mentioning thier name publicly is not allowed.

The noise that Carter has agreed to sign along with Eds past history says that this will be looked into.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Doesnt matter if someone signs or not, just communicating with a player or mentioning thier name publicly is not allowed.

The noise that Carter has agreed to sign along with Eds past history says that this will be looked into.
                Possibly yes. But the league is a joke on this tampering thing.
                Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by thebryceisright View Post
                  There's no way we'll be able to afford a franchise QB like Harris and Jefferson. Someone like Winnipeg or Montreal will offer him 225-250k a season and he'll be gonzo.
                  How the frick do you people think other teams can afford these guys but we cant? Are we playing with less of a cap then other teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Ike View Post

If he allows Jefferson to walk because of money then he isnt off to a very good start in his GM career! You need star power to win and if we arnt paying the big money for a qb then there is no reason in hell that we cant offer maybe the best def. player in the league the money that will keep him here. If we want to go with a bunch of average Joe's then that is the kind of team we will have in the win department as well. Thats not acceppable in my books anyways!
                    Maybe we are going after a big name QB?

Anyone think that the Riders have been quiet because they have gotten in crap lots in the past few years that they don't want to risk tampering?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Possibly yes. But the league is a joke on this tampering thing.
                        It's really only Hervey that makes a mess of it. Everyone else seems to know the unspoken rules. Xnay taknay on the tamper-nay.

Comment

Originally posted by KlutcH View Post

Anyone think that the Riders have been quiet because they have gotten in crap lots in the past few years that they don't want to risk tampering?
                          O'Day aiming to pick up players from the AAF after their season done?

Comment

Comment

O'Day aiming to pick up players from the AAF after their season done?
                              I don't know if they can play in another league will playing in the AAF. The might have an out in their contracts, but I think they is for the NFL though.

Comment

Originally posted by KlutcH View Post

I believe we are going after a big name QB. Whether that bears fruit is another story entirely.

Riders have been quiet but I think part of that is a certain bigmouth is no longer with the franchise.
                                Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X