Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Len Rhodes departing Eskimos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugoagogo View Post

Even if they lose Reilly, if they don't have a winning season, I suspect someone will take the bullet. I don't think they can afford to clean house, so I'd rather retain the coaching staff vs the management if it comes to that.
    Maas re-upped the past season, correct? So, he's under contract at least through 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

IF they canned Sunderland, he would be a GM who was never able to put his people into place.
      Yeas and no. I was told when Sunderland interviewed in 2015 his coach of choice to bring with him was Maas.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

Maas re-upped the past season, correct? So, he's under contract at least through 2020?
        Both Sunderland & Maas were extended through 2020, so yeah, it may be tough to clean house if the new Pres feels that is what is needed. It may need to be a partial house cleaning if things really go sideways.
        Last edited by hugoagogo; 02-11-2019, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Why would you want a situation where you saddle a GM with a staff that is Not his staff
          I think I have faith in the coaching staff, provided Maas continues to move on from some very silly mistakes/decisions (fingers crossed, lol)
          As you point out, not the perfect scenario, but the new SMS creates challenges when changes are needed. I just think a bad GM could do more long term damage in one year.
          Last edited by hugoagogo; 02-11-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I think I have faith in the coaching staff, provided Maas continues to move on from some very silly mistakes/decisions (fingers crossed, lol)
            As you point out, not the perfect scenario, but the new SMS creates challenges when changes are needed. I just think a bad GM could do more long term damage in one year.
            I don't know. Kavis is doing a bang up job screwing the Als, but if he got tossed tomorrow, they would be okay in 2 ish years. Lots of turnover in the league, and as long as Montreal has draft picks (not many right now) then they could make deals.

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

I don't know. Kavis is doing a bang up job screwing the Als, but if he got tossed tomorrow, they would be okay in 2 ish years. Lots of turnover in the league, and as long as Montreal has draft picks (not many right now) then they could make deals.
              lol... I guess I've seen what a bad GM did to the Oilers and I'm just expecting worst case scenario.

Comment

lol... I guess I've seen what a bad GM did to the Oilers and I'm just expecting worst case scenario.
                Hockey is a bit different where you don't have as much player movement and even minor decisions have ripples for years. And guarentteed contracts.

IMO, in the CFL a GM can make a ton of mistakes and it doesn't have to kill the team. We had the matador Mertile out there doing his best not to touch a player and we survived. Except if you piss off your franchise QB and he leaves. That one is harder to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Brock Sunderland is the next in the firing line for the Eskimo die hards
                  It is fun watching the city that turned the Oilers into an old boys club pushing so hard to make the Esks front office into another old boys club. The only saving grace for the Esks is that in a small league with a lot of movement, a decent chunk of people will be former Esks.
                  Last edited by gilligan; 02-12-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

But he doesn't believe in Sunderland/Maas?
                    Well, I will say that Sunderland has addressed most of what I thought was a weakness in Edmonton (Dean/Santos Knox/Harris/Ellingson/Rogers).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X