Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Len Rhodes departing Eskimos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Len Rhodes departing Eskimos

    https://www.tsn.ca/rhodes-will-not-s...dent-1.1255835

    I think this is great for the Eskimos and even the League. Ketchup man didn't seem to know how to run a football organization, must've thought he was in the business of concert promotion, and IMO didn't do anything to keep fans around. I'm sure a lot of Eskimo fans are rejoicing.

  • #2
    I wonder if there will be a surge of season ticket sales as people who left come back.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tyree View Post
      I wonder if there will be a surge of season ticket sales as people who left come back.
      I doubt it, at best it'll keep the current fanbase happy. In saying that, I don't think they can screw up the next hire, they badly need someone to rebuild that fanbase, and I'm not sure Fleming is the way to go (his name comes up a lot for Eskimos fans).

      Comment


      • #4
        Considering all the turmoil that franchise has gone through since Len walked in the door, it's a very good thing he is moving on. My only other concern would be the members of the board that approved all of his crap decisions. It would be good to get someone with knowledge of our league both on the board and replacing Rhodes.
        This league needs every franchise to be healthy. Guys like Rhodes don't help the CFL.

        Comment


        • #5
          Live shot of Esksfans after hearing this news


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by R.J View Post
            I doubt it, at best it'll keep the current fanbase happy. In saying that, I don't think they can screw up the next hire, they badly need someone to rebuild that fanbase, and I'm not sure Fleming is the way to go (his name comes up a lot for Eskimos fans).

            Fleming is currently a Senior VP for Price Waterhouse. I think he's got the football smarts and the business acumen. I think he would be a worthy candidate.

            Comment


            • #7
              If the Esk fans feel as vindicated and happy as I did when Taman got fired or when Greg Marshall got fired it's a bittersweet day in Edmonton. Happy because he is finally gone but left to sift through the carnage and damage.

              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hugoagogo View Post

                Fleming is currently a Senior VP for Price Waterhouse. I think he's got the football smarts and the business acumen. I think he would be a worthy candidate.
                He's the first guy I thought of. And he's an "Eskimo" guy along with the 2 attributes you posted.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                  If the Esk fans feel as vindicated and happy as I did when Taman got fired or when Greg Marshall got fired it's a bittersweet day in Edmonton. Happy because he is finally gone but left to sift through the carnage and damage.
                  The daunting task of fixing the mess left behind.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tyree View Post

                    The daunting task of fixing the mess left behind.
                    Sunderland might be able to salvage some parts and acquire other parts. But Sunderland isn't Ed Hervey and eventually will be the next guy who will replaced by someone in tune with the Eskimo way.
                    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by R.J View Post
                      https://www.tsn.ca/rhodes-will-not-s...dent-1.1255835

                      I think this is great for the Eskimos and even the League. Ketchup man didn't seem to know how to run a football organization, must've thought he was in the business of concert promotion, and IMO didn't do anything to keep fans around. I'm sure a lot of Eskimo fans are rejoicing.
                      To me, I wonder if this has anything to do with Reilly leaving..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by commodore View Post

                        To me, I wonder if this has anything to do with Reilly leaving..
                        I think it could be the final straw. They haven't been the same since they fired Hervey which he made the call.
                        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Maybe now Ambrosie will stop repeating "we must start the season earlier because of cold weather."
                          ---

                          Author of Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (the inside story of the 1983 Toronto Argonauts). Next up, a book about the 1991 Argos (working subtitle The year the CFL Went Hollywood). To be published . . . whenever it is done.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
                            Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
                            Well they're are no friends of mine!

                            Obviously, Reilly ain't dancing...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That didnt take long, I guess the fall out is just too much weather.

                              Sunderland and Maas will be on their last legs.

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X