Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reilly to B.C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenrider55 View Post
    Radio station out of Calgary says they expect Bo to sign for the same contract tomorrow but itís a ďrumourĒ that is ďgrowing legsĒ
    Until that rumour grows a bushy tail - I'm skeptical.

Comment

• daaaaaaamn thats too much cash. hopefully about 200k of that is for performance bonuses such as 6000 yards or winning the cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by riders78 View Post

Yes I do remember that one. I just was wondering since Flutie's last year in the CFL was in 1997, I was trying to remember a contract close to that size in the last 22 years. I don't think there has been one.
        Since Flutie, I don't believe so. It was proven back then that those big contracts sunk teams. Good thing we've learned.

That said, BC becomes a GC contender overnight. MR is a game changer. Not many of those in the league.

Helluva guy too. Met him at the CFL event here in Regina a few years back, he spent considerable time with my 7 year old and I, basically exhausted the boy answering every question the boy had. Couldn't have been a nicer guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by painter View Post

Will it get some maybe thinking AAF to come to Canada instead?
          On the current AAF pay structure Canada is already a more lucrative option once the QB is established.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guillermo View Post

Oh well, so much for the idea that the new CBA would do something to increase the salary min to help ensure US players choose Cdn football over....construction or whatever else pays better - forget parity with the AAF. Its pretty clear that most of any increase in the SMS as a result of a new CBA is going to get used up on QBs again at the expense of other positions. So one guy, Ed Hervey, sets the bar for what QBs get paid in the league. Thanks Ed.

I realize the CBA negotiations haven't started but Ambrosie could have been out in front of this and signaled intent to put in a cap on individual salaries or something to help ensure the pie gets spread around a bit better. Somehow, a cap on coaches and administration salaries is far more important than a league salary min of, what is it $55k?
            You can blame Ed, but Sunderland was willing to pay just as much and Iím sure the Riders were as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Really Rollin View Post
              I think this is dumb. Reilly at 500k couldn't make the playoffs in 2018. I don't think Reilly at 700k is a good idea. At least Bo is a reigning champion and can justify a huge ask like this.
              Reilly at $550K won a Grey Cup when the cap was $150K lower than it will be next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

Reilly at $550K won a Grey Cup when the cap was $150K lower than it will be next year.
                So every penny the cap goes up this year should go to the QBs? I think the rest of the players might not think that is such a good idea.
                Hervey has set a very bad precedent IMO.

Comment

Heís worth every penny. Great signing by the Lions. It obviously hasnít hampered them too much either as they signed Burnham yesterday and are rumoured to be heavy in on OL Sukh Chung.

Comment

• That is a chunk of money Mr. Reilly , you better get to work generating a substantial increase in revenue to help the teams fiances and balance sheet . Its over to you MIke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

You can blame Ed, but Sunderland was willing to pay just as much and Iím sure the Riders were as well.
                      You're sure or are you speculating?

Comment

What have you done for me lately? That was 4 seasons ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Heís worth every penny. Great signing by the Lions. It obviously hasnít hampered them too much either as they signed Burnham yesterday and are rumoured to be heavy in on OL Sukh Chung.
                          They are getting Chung, the Lions. It's going to happen.

Comment

• I read earlier (and it might be in this thread already, apologies if this is a repeat) that one group of agents (one office) has all the CFL QBs.
                            I think Reilly's contract is going to be bad for our league. A lot of money tied up in one guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Reilly is a warrior. A 34 year old warrior with alot of miles. Played every down last year.

Thats alot of coin to put into one player. How much of that money will be upfront?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

They are getting Chung, the Lions. It's going to happen.
                                I'm curious how the Lions are able to get all of this done. As the Esks fondly accuse us, are they "cheating" and going over the cap?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X