Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reilly to B.C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between the esks and the oilers something is rotten in Edmonton. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

OPUS needs new shorts!
      He needed new shorts before the announcement was made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

I don't recall one instance where a good free agent quarterback wanted to come here. It's been very consistent in that regard since the 80's.
        I know me either , what is it ? There has gotta be a reason , itís stupid

Comment

I don't recall one instance where a good free agent quarterback wanted to come here. It's been very consistent in that regard since the 80's. And DD was not a big name guy...we just signed him from our neg list. Austin was also a recruit. The Riders haven't signed an established franchise type quarterback from another team since 1979 when Clements got signed and spent more time on his back than Nina Hartley.
          Nina Hartley sounds boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

He needed new shorts before the announcement was made.
            I think Opus was eating those shorts.

Comment

I don't recall one instance where a good free agent quarterback wanted to come here. It's been very consistent in that regard since the 80's. And DD was not a big name guy...we just signed him from our neg list. Austin was also a recruit. The Riders haven't signed an established franchise type quarterback from another team since 1979 when Clements got signed and spent more time on his back than Nina Hartley.
              We didn't even sign Clements. He was captive to a trade. We sent Stickman Dennis, another player and a draft pick to Ottawa for him before training camp in '79.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

Personally I think the relationships between players and staff are overblown. Players will always make the best decision for themselves regardless of the relationships they may leave behind.
                I rather disagree. We continually see players take a discount to stay in place. That is a combination of liking the other players, buying into the system, liking the coaches and their relationship with them, liking the city, and liking the fans. I tend to think that system and coaches are the 2 biggest keys there, which is why we actually see some players follow staff to different teams.

You can get used to a new city, unless you have a strong desire to stay small/big
                You will generally get to know new players and it will be fine
                Fans are fans. I suppose the degree of fishbowl is a bigger factor for some.
                #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

We didn't even sign Clements. He was captive to a trade. We sent Stickman Dennis, another player and a draft pick to Ottawa for him before training camp in '79.
                  Ok even worse then. The Riders haven't signed an established franchise quarterback from another team since....ummmm...the beginning of the franchise? How did Glenn Dobbs get here? lol

That's really unbelievable if you think about it.
                  Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Ok even worse then. The Riders haven't signed an established franchise quarterback from another team since....ummmm...the beginning of the franchise? How did Glenn Dobbs get here? lol

That's really unbelievable if you think about it.
                    About the closest would be Hufnagel in '80 and that is stretching it.

Comment

About the closest would be Hufnagel in '80 and that is stretching it.
                      You stretched that one longer than hot mozzarella on a slice of pizza. lol
                      Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

• Wow. I never thought that Rhodes would ever get the boot. Well, the Esks just got better by subtraction, and that makes me sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post

Nina Hartley sounds boring.
                          I would still take her for a spin. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post
                            Wow. I never thought that Rhodes would ever get the boot. Well, the Esks just got better by subtraction, and that makes me sad.
                            How long is Ed signed for in BC? He may just dine and dash his way back to Edmonton after a year.
                            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post
                              Wow. I never thought that Rhodes would ever get the boot. Well, the Esks just got better by subtraction, and that makes me sad.
                              I guess it will be time for Sean Fleming.

Rhodes has been an issue for awhile.....should have been let go earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

He's gone. In 9 days.

Woooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

This is made my day! And almost helps ease the pain of Reillyís possible departure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X