Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reilly to B.C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

A house cleaning top to bottom would come after the season.
    I don't know. We cleaned house 1/2 way through and rode it out on an interm guy. I guess they could try to lure Paul Jones back as GM, but the Riders would have to be okay with that mid season.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

Letting Reilly go (and it doesn't matter that Reilly wanted to go) is his failure. There are going to be a lot of pitchforks out looking for Sunderland and maybe Rhodes.
      The Esks fans poll on Rhodent is 70 to 1 in favour of fireing Rhodent, heís the one with the target right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pencilvester View Post

I think the Esks and Riders are fighting for fourth place. Esks have a great offence that will be hampered a bit by Reillyís departure, Riders have a great defence that will be hampered a little by Jones departure so thatís a saw off.

Both GMs should have enough money to put a good roster together if their smart.

The he difference between the two will come down to whether the Esks D improves more under Lolly than the Riders O under McAdoo does.
        Losing Reilly is going to hurt a lot more. Most of the players are still here and the scheme should be the same under Shivers.

As for MacAdoo, I hope he has a very short leash and if can not score offensive TDs, then he should be toast. I don't care who the QB is, and I will hold Dickenson to that.

Guessing who is in 4th at this point is too early. On paper it doesn't look good for either team. I'll wait another month before playing that game as it depends on if BC actually lands him, and what happens to Bo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pencilvester View Post

The Esks fans poll on Rhodent is 70 to 1 in favour of fireing Rhodent, heís the one with the target right now.
          He's gone. In 9 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

He's gone. In 9 days.

Very unfortunate for the Eskimos that it comes too late. Such a shame...such a damn shame.
            Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

I don't know. We cleaned house 1/2 way through and rode it out on an interm guy. I guess they could try to lure Paul Jones back as GM, but the Riders would have to be okay with that mid season.
              I don't know what makes me say this but I doubt PJones would go back unless Rhodes is gone. Just saw Stronson's post... never mind!

Comment

He's gone. In 9 days.

Well, my team may lose it's QB, but at least I can dance a little happy dance for this announcement. I realize his role really doesn't revolve around football ops, but hopefully the next guy they hire knows that "winning isn't everything" is not the philosophy you should have when running a sports franchise.
                Thanks for all the crappy half-time concerts featuring over the hill rappers. Don't let the door hit your *** on the way out!!!

Comment

• I can never understand how come the Riders can never seem to get the big name QBs ? Edmonton, Calgary, BC seem to but not us . Other then DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Very unfortunate for the Eskimos that it comes too late. Such a shame...such a damn shame.
                    I can just imagine the tears in your eyes as you type that... tears of joy! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

He's going into year 3 with the Eskimos, correct?

Recognizing every situation is different, how long is it until it is fair to evaluate Sunderland?
                      Going into Year 3 but for all intents it's Year 2. With the spring 2017 firing of Hervey Sunderland wasn't hired until a few weeks before training camp. Most of the offseason work for the 2017 season had already been done with him having no input or influence.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugoagogo View Post

Well, my team may lose it's QB, but at least I can dance a little happy dance for this announcement. I realize his role really doesn't revolve around football ops, but hopefully the next guy they hire knows that "winning isn't everything" is not the philosophy you should have when running a sports franchise.
                        Thanks for all the crappy half-time concerts featuring over the hill rappers. Don't let the door hit your *** on the way out!!!
                        You go, Hugo! Get it all out! So any ideas on replacements? Does Sean Fleming finally get his chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

I can just imagine the tears in your eyes as you type that... tears of joy! LOL
                          Oh...is it that obvious?
                          Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

You go, Hugo! Get it all out! So any ideas on replacements? Does Sean Fleming finally get his chance?
                            His name has always been in the mix. Hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
                              I can never understand how come the Riders can never seem to get the big name QBs ? Edmonton, Calgary, BC seem to but not us . Other then DD
                              I don't recall one instance where a good free agent quarterback wanted to come here. It's been very consistent in that regard since the 80's. And DD was not a big name guy...we just signed him from our neg list. Austin was also a recruit. The Riders haven't signed an established franchise type quarterback from another team since 1979 when Clements got signed and spent more time on his back than Nina Hartley.
                              Last edited by Rock Preston #1; 02-11-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

He's gone. In 9 days.

OPUS needs new shorts!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...