Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reilly to B.C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Rhodes seems to have an Al Ford type hold on that organization for some reason.
    Different job but I see the comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pencilvester View Post

Because if Rhodent hadnít fired a championship winning GM for the sake of his fragile ego, Reilly would have signed a big extension last offseason and none of this would be happening right now.

Brock and Jason have been flying out to Seattle to talk with him all winter, they extended multiple generous offers, and have been in contact with him every day. Not sure what more they can do.
      I don't put the loss of Reilly on Sunderland either. Many will. Because they play the blame game.

Comment

Because if Rhodent hadnít fired a championship winning GM for the sake of his fragile ego, Reilly would have signed a big extension last offseason and none of this would be happening right now.

Brock and Jason have been flying out to Seattle to talk with him all winter, they extended multiple generous offers, and have been in contact with him every day. Not sure what more they can do.
        "Reilly Field at Commonwealth Stadium"

Re-chisel the bronzed Gretzky bust into him?
        #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

This isnít on Maas and Sunderland. Theyíve done everything they could.
          They still have to play the role of a meatshield. Ketshup man may still (and probably will) play that card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

The Baba Booey defence couldn't stop a fart.
            I guess I forgot the smiley. I thought the humour was obvious. I guess on this board one can never assume such things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

I don't put the loss of Reilly on Sunderland either. Many will. Because they play the blame game.
              Well, Reilly can look at the team and think, "They weren't a playoff team last year when I was there. What have they done to make them a contender this year?" If he thinks nothing, then that is partly on Sunderland.

Comment

There is no real way of knowing whether or not Reilly would have decided to finish his career in BC even if none of the events you mentioned had happened.
                Last edited by McGreen; 02-11-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

I guess I forgot the smiley. I thought the humour was obvious. I guess on this board one can never assume such things.
                  I'm still waking up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

At the end of the day he is the GM, so it is somewhat understandable, even though there are things out of his control. I know there was yammering on TSN about 'is the Maas/Reilly relationship that strong?' I have no idea, but if MR was not down with Maas any more, then stuff like that was within his control. There are lots of factors that are both within his control and not. I tend to agree that some of the bigger ones are not.
                    #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

I'm still waking up.
                      Me too, thus the smiley faux pas. Another -30įC morning has us getting up late these days. Second cup of coffee here I come.

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

Well, Reilly can look at the team and think, "They weren't a playoff team last year when I was there. What have they done to make them a contender this year?" If he thinks nothing, then that is partly on Sunderland.
                        I think Reilly believes in Ed more. That's one thing, and that has to do with who he sees he can another Cup with. The huge thing is geography. The money would be about the same. Also, home games in a dome. But this move is going to be mostly about family and security imo. And yes, Reilly has a very good relationship with Jason Maas. That has nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

At the end of the day he is the GM, so it is somewhat understandable, even though there are things out of his control. I know there was yammering on TSN about 'is the Maas/Reilly relationship that strong?' I have no idea, but if MR was not down with Maas any more, then stuff like that was within his control. There are lots of factors that are both within his control and not. I tend to agree that some of the bigger ones are not.
                          Personally I think the relationships between players and staff are overblown. Players will always make the best decision for themselves regardless of the relationships they may leave behind.

Comment

They guy wants to be near family and home. I get that and wish him the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

"Reilly Field at Commonwealth Stadium"

Re-chisel the bronzed Gretzky bust into him?
                              Thatíd be fine with me lol, I canít stand how hockey obsessed people Iím this town are.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

They still have to play the role of a meatshield. Ketshup man may still (and probably will) play that card.
                                I would hope the board is smart enough to step in before that happens. Iím not quite sold on Brock yet, but Iím not ready to give up on him yet either, itís still too early for that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X