Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders sign DT Makana Henry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Mak Henry aka "Steady Freddie"

    Comment


    • #32
      Good signing. He's a depth guy and GREAT in the community. Need guys like him around.

      Comment


      • #33
        National contract who can certainly play the position. As long as the contract is reasonable, this is a good signing.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by mikejth View Post

          Gaydosh was an over hyped bum since before he came into the league, he continues to be over valued by many. I would put him at the same level of M. Henry, good rotation guys that you don't want starting for extended periods of time.

          As for Reaves, that experiment may die before training camp. He is an okay special teamer but we need more then a special teamer and he hasn't consistently shown he can do that.
          And yet most CIS players stated that he was the best DL in the league and the player they hated facing the most. The same draft class that had Stefan Charles, so not really.

          Reaves has held his own in practices. He looked surprisingly good there. I am not saying he is going to bump CH or anything like that, but on a rotational bases I don't mind seeing him there.
          #keepthepromise

          Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

          Comment


          • #35
            Agenda 51 would really approve of this Henry signing.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

              I'm betting Micah Johnson, Mike Reilly and Chung all end up in BC. Perhaps Loffler too.
              Can't see Mr Ed giving big bucks to Loffler - even if he is a BC native; the Lions already have Anthony Thompson at safety and he is very solid IMO and wouldn't cost near as much.

              Not sure they really need Chung that much either - unless they lose both NI O-line starters in Steward & Husband to FA; and even if they did they have some young O-linemen / former highly rated prospects around as potential replacements (Vaillancourt, Godber and that undrafted FA kid who stepped in at C last season).

              Reilly AND Micah Johnson would cost an $M$ fortune (and be prize gets) - not sure they would have lots left to throw around at other FAs ?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by KlutcH View Post
                Am I the only one who is very MEH on a Steele Henry combo.
                I know that Makana is an effort guy with some quickness: however, I think he does not have the size (6'1" 275) and strength to have an impact inside against the 300 lb offensive lineman particularly during the double team at the point of attack.

                I am hoping that the Riders allow people such as Tresor Mafuta (6'1" 295), Emmanuel Adusei (6'1" 330) and a younger hopefully growing Mathieu Breton (6'7" 285) to compete for defensive tackle positions including the nose. I think these guys are the future.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Riderfan View Post

                  I know that Makana is an effort guy with some quickness: however, I think he does not have the size (6'1" 275) and strength to have an impact inside against the 300 lb offensive lineman particularly during the double team at the point of attack.

                  I am hoping that the Riders allow people such as Tresor Mafuta (6'1" 295), Emmanuel Adusei (6'1" 330) and a younger hopefully growing Mathieu Breton (6'7" 285) to compete for defensive tackle positions including the nose. I think these guys are the future.
                  If he can take on a double team at any point, he's doing his job.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

                    Can't see Mr Ed giving big bucks to Loffler - even if he is a BC native; the Lions already have Anthony Thompson at safety and he is very solid IMO and wouldn't cost near as much.

                    Not sure they really need Chung that much either - unless they lose both NI O-line starters in Steward & Husband to FA; and even if they did they have some young O-linemen / former highly rated prospects around as potential replacements (Vaillancourt, Godber and that undrafted FA kid who stepped in at C last season).

                    Reilly AND Micah Johnson would cost an $M$ fortune (and be prize gets) - not sure they would have lots left to throw around at other FAs ?
                    His parents live here in Regina...

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Riderfan View Post

                      I know that Makana is an effort guy with some quickness: however, I think he does not have the size (6'1" 275) and strength to have an impact inside against the 300 lb offensive lineman particularly during the double team at the point of attack.

                      I am hoping that the Riders allow people such as Tresor Mafuta (6'1" 295), Emmanuel Adusei (6'1" 330) and a younger hopefully growing Mathieu Breton (6'7" 285) to compete for defensive tackle positions including the nose. I think these guys are the future.
                      Wasn't Audesi already converted to O-line by Jones ?; Mafuta & Breton are more like long-range/maybe prospects at DT, but they both have good size and could pan-out; not that a big DT is that much of a hot commodity in the CFL game now; quicker, athletic DTs seem to be quite capable in the CFL now - Micah Johnson is hardly a big DT (more like "under-sized" at 270 range), but he`s quick, strong & athletic.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Riderfan View Post

                        I know that Makana is an effort guy with some quickness: however, I think he does not have the size (6'1" 275) and strength to have an impact inside against the 300 lb offensive lineman particularly during the double team at the point of attack.

                        I am hoping that the Riders allow people such as Tresor Mafuta (6'1" 295), Emmanuel Adusei (6'1" 330) and a younger hopefully growing Mathieu Breton (6'7" 285) to compete for defensive tackle positions including the nose. I think these guys are the future.
                        Umm... Henry is incredibly strong and held up great against double teams when he had them.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by KlutcH View Post

                          As long as we have 1 starting Canadian on that D line thatís all I care about. I want someone else at DT who is able to beef up that line.
                          Zack Evans is on our front line I believe.
                          Pick your battles small enough to win but big enough to matter.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

                            Wasn't Audesi already converted to O-line by Jones ?; Mafuta & Breton are more like long-range/maybe prospects at DT, but they both have good size and could pan-out; not that a big DT is that much of a hot commodity in the CFL game now; quicker, athletic DTs seem to be quite capable in the CFL now - Micah Johnson is hardly a big DT (more like "under-sized" at 270 range), but he`s quick, strong & athletic.
                            Depends if you are running a 3 or 4 man front. Also depends what your ends are doing. For a Jones D we know a brute wss neefed
                            #keepthepromise

                            Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Dreegking View Post

                              Umm... Henry is incredibly strong and held up great against double teams when he had them.
                              According to his Rider bio he played in just 10 games and had 2 starts in 2018.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Glad we brought him back. Great story about he he got to the CFL. Long and winding road.

                                Tough player.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X