Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montreal releases Stanford

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of athletes gifted with speed that have never played football and have more upside then Stanford

Comment

The Riders spent enough time trying to make this kid a better football player. He showed signs of potential but not enough to show that he is just about there. I would say thanks but no thanks.
      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
        He has a lot of upside as a deep threat, and he improved mountains as a downfield blocker. There are times where he just seems not willing to commit to a play though.

It does appear that Kavis might be attempting to get rid of all nationals though "well, we don't have to play by the ratio if we don't have any Canadians. I'll show them"
        How is Kavis set for draft picks this season?

Comment

Originally posted by McGreen View Post

How is Kavis set for draft picks this season?
          I believe Mavis has picks # 13 & 16 overall, and that's it for the first 3 rounds; not the best for a rebuilding, last place kinda team. Could still deal to add a top draft pick or two though and I suspect one of Manzier or Vernon Adams could be dealt by Mavis in that crowded QB situation there ?

However, IMO, it is a pretty strong and deep receiver crop up this draft, so they should be able to get one (or two) good receiver prospects with those picks (and hopefully better receiver talents than Stanford), IF Mavis chooses to go there. The Als only likely to play one NI receiver, if any ?

Comment

Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

I believe Mavis has picks # 13 & 16 overall, and that's it for the first 3 rounds; not the best for a rebuilding, last place kinda team. Could still deal to add a top draft pick or two though and I suspect one of Manzier or Vernon Adams could be dealt by Mavis in that crowded QB situation there ?

However, IMO, it is a pretty strong and deep receiver crop up this draft, so they should be able to get one (or two) good receiver prospects with those picks (and hopefully better receiver talents than Stanford), IF Mavis chooses to go there. The Als only likely to play one NI receiver, if any ?
            They have a 3rd round pick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_CFL_Draft

Round 1 - no pick - Forfeited to pick Tyler Johnstone in supplemental draft
            Round 2 - 13, 16
            Round 3 - 19
            Round 4 - 28
            Round 5 - 37
            Round 6 - 46
            Round 7 - 55
            Round 8 - 64

Comment

I heard he wouldnt came back to the office to pick his final pay check, so someone else pick it off and cashed it.

The Als didn't have a choice in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

They have a 3rd round pick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_CFL_Draft

Round 1 - no pick - Forfeited to pick Tyler Johnstone in supplemental draft
                Round 2 - 13, 16
                Round 3 - 19
                Round 4 - 28
                Round 5 - 37
                Round 6 - 46
                Round 7 - 55
                Round 8 - 64
                Thanks for the correction; that's a bit better for Mavis & the Als = 3 of the top 19; and often times it seems later picks pan out better than some over-rated 1st rounders who kinda bust.

The Als need last year's supplemental pick (which cost them a 1st rounder this year) - O-lineman Tyler Johnstone to pull thru and become a solid starter - maybe at OT - he was once a top rated US college ball O-lineman; if he can play, that makes the lack of a 1st rounder this draft not so bad. Him and some other Canadian O-line talent on the current roster (Matte, Gagnon, Rutherford, Jamieson) might mean they can look harder at other positions for this draft?
                Last edited by CC Ryder; 02-07-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post
                  I heard he wouldnt came back to the office to pick his final pay check, so someone else pick it off and cashed it.

The Als didn't have a choice in the matter.
                  ha ha ha, well done

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X