Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Camp to continue taking place in Saskatoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp to continue taking place in Saskatoon

I was against this year’s ago as it’s a lot of extra logistical work but I’ve really changed my mind. Saskatoon does a good job, it’s important to be inclusive and the accommodations work really well. I mentioned it to RS a couple years back when I was in but I watched a practice at the Hilltops facility and was very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
      I was against this year’s ago as it’s a lot of extra logistical work but I’ve really changed my mind. Saskatoon does a good job, it’s important to be inclusive and the accommodations work really well. I mentioned it to RS a couple years back when I was in but I watched a practice at the Hilltops facility and was very impressed.
      SMF Field. I prefer it. Easy parking and access. Even have a concession stand that's open. The team also prefers it. Much better, softer field.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

SMF Field. I prefer it. Easy parking and access. Even have a concession stand that's open. The team also prefers it. Much better, softer field.
        Didn’t know the team prefers it, that’s cool. I liked the concession too. It had a really intimate feel with the trees and seclusion. I was a big fan and could really enjoy a full few days there.

Comment

Didn’t know the team prefers it, that’s cool. I liked the concession too. It had a really intimate feel with the trees and seclusion. I was a big fan and could really enjoy a full few days there.
          Parking is a nightmare at Griffith's.

Comment

So is it getting moved from Griffiths to SMF permanently or just on intermittent days like now when there are scheduling conflicts?

Comment

Parking is a nightmare at Griffith's.
              The wife and I went to a practice last year at SMF and found it quite easy to park, considering both of us are handicapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

So is it getting moved from Griffiths to SMF permanently or just on intermittent days like now when there are scheduling conflicts?
                No idea but mostly likely split again between the two places.

Comment

SMF = Gordie Howe Bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
                    SMF = Gordie Howe Bowl?
                    Yep. Name changed five years ago.

Comment

SMF is way handier for fan day at camp but the players stay in U of S dorms so that makes Griffiths better for day to day TC workouts

Comment

Is there a water fountain?

Comment

Originally posted by the rouge View Post
                          Is there a water fountain?
                          Yes. Side of the building near the changing rooms.

Comment

So with TC “continuing” in Saskatoon can we count on those locals to “continue” giving us great camp reports? The depth of information and insight that comes on this board during TC is impressive.

Comment

So with TC “continuing” in Saskatoon can we count on those locals to “continue” giving us great camp reports? The depth of information and insight that comes on this board during TC is impressive.
                              Nope. The locals are all converting to Stamps fans.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X